17

I just got out of work and I'm thinking about just going straight to Conor's place. I walked out of the school as I looked for my car keys in my bag. I park in the same spot everyday so I just know how to walk there without looking. I looked up just in case a car was coming. Nope but my car looks even more broken down. I need a new car. Why can't I find my keys? Fuck, I probably left them in the classroom. I turned around. Oh, never mind. Got them. I turned back around and headed to my car.
"Ok, just listen to me for one minute." Conor surprised me just standing in front of my car. He made me jump as I knew he wasn't there before.
"Conor, what the fuck?!" I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.
"I'm sorry. I'm also sorry about not telling you sooner when I should have. Even when we were friends I should've told you. I was stupid and moronic. But, willing to keep you in my life, I won't go on tour. I need you; and a part of me feels that you also need me. I don't want to lose you. I don't even care if we have to go back to being friends. I just need you here with me and-" He started to ramble so I cut him off by kissing him.
"Joe talked to me about everything. I want you to go on tour. I'm just upset that I won't get to see you as much. But yes I was a little annoyed that you didn't tell me right away but it's ok now. I love you and you know that. I do have one thing to ask though."
"What?" He wondered.
"I am going to one of your concerts right?" I smiled.
He laughed, "Yes, I was actually thinking about the one at the O2."
"Sounds great." I smiled.
"Do you want to get food out tonight? My treat."
"Obviously it's your treat. I'm broke." We both laughed.

We ended up just going to Nandos. I didn't feel like anything fancy. Plus I have work tomorrow so I don't want to be out late. Conor and I were just finishing up.
"Hey, you're the girl from last night." Two guys came over.
"Um, I think you got the wrong person." I looked at them confused.
"No, you were the DJ for a song. You were amazing!" One of them said.
"You need to go back and DJ more." The other one said.
"What?" Conor was confused.
"Well, we hope you'll do it again. You were a legend." They both walked away.
"What was that?" I looked at Conor as he questioned me.
"I took your advice and I did hangout with Niall last night. I was a DJ for one song and then we left. I told Niall about how I would play around with some music when I was in university."
"Oh, I didn't know you DJ?"
"I didn't want you to know. I don't really want people to know. I gave it up after Haley died. It slipped out of my mouth last night when Niall was talking about how he would still play with some music. He really wanted me to just do one song. If you don't believe me we can go back to the same club. The DJ is Rob."
"What song?" He wondered.
"'Don't Let Me Down' by The Chainsmokers." I told him.
"How did you work with that?"
"I made it more of a trap style. It sounded pretty damn sick. Especially since I haven't done anything with music since uni."
"Can you go back and do it again? I want to hear it."
"I don't know Con. I'm tired."
"Please! One song."
"Fine, only if Rob is there though."
"Fine, deal." He smiled.

We got to the club and Conor finally got us in. We immediately headed over to the DJ board. Rob is here tonight. Damn, he's playing 'Don't Let Me Down' right now.
"Woah." The security guard stopped us from going up.
"Rob knows me." I told him and looked up at Rob.
"Rob!" The security guard shouted. Rob looked over and smiled. He waved us up. We went pass the security guard and to Rob. He set down his headphones and gave me hug.
"You came back." He smiled.
"Yeah. Rob this is Conor."
"I know who he is." Rob shook Conor's hand with a smile.
"Hi." Conor smiled. He seemed surprised that Rob knew him.
"You're back to DJ aren't you but I'm playing your song." He said.
"Yeah, but I can improvise with another song." I told him.
"Alright, what song this time?" He smiled. I looked at Conor thinking then back at Rob.
"I think 'Hello' by Adele."
"Really? How is that-can you do that?" He asked.
"Yeah." I nodded unsure though. I hope I can.
"Alright, I'll set you up." He told me. I looked at Conor.
"How the hell are you going to DJ Adele?" Conor smiled.
"You'll see." I smiled then looked at Rob as he handed me his headphones. I put them on as I looked at the board. I looked back at Rob and Conor.

I made the transition to 'Hello' and for now just playing the song. After twenty-eight seconds I picked up the BPM to probably 125. Then slowly increased. At the chorus I raised it to 127. Then I dropped it perfectly right after and hit 128. It might be 130 because I made it a bit too fast but it still sounds amazing. I kept my rhythm and went down to 125 BPM again. Then continued the same flow up until the chorus and hit the drop. I kept it 130 because it sounds great. Then the last three seconds of the song I went back to the original song. Then I made a transition to 'Hotline Bling' by Drake. I just let this one play. I put the headphones down and the people were screaming for more but I don't want to continue.
"I'm still giving you that offer." Rob smiled as he came over to me.
"No Rob, really." I chuckled.
"Fine, but can you at least once in awhile come back in and do a song or two?"
"Yeah, sure." I smiled.
"Promise?" He raised his eyebrows.
"Promise." I smiled.
"Alright, thanks for stopping by." He gave me a hug.
"Bye Rob." I walked over to Conor.
"So?" I questioned him as he was quiet.
"That was fucking amazing! Why didn't you tell me?" He wondered.
"Joe doesn't even know. I don't exactly tell people. Oli knows though. He caught me one day."
"So you really don't tell people. Why don't you make a YouTube channel and just post your music? You can use whatever I have for equipment."
"No Conor. I don't want to. I also don't want to to keep persuading me to make a channel. I'm telling Joe to knock it off. Oli isn't bothering me anymore. I'll do this every once in a while but that's it." I told him as I made him start to leave the club. Once we left the club door he grabbed my arm and stopped me from walking.
"I'm sorry." He said.
"For what?" I wondered.
"For trying to persuade you to make a channel and for not telling you about my tour earlier. Also, maybe for taking you here tonight. I can tell I hit a spot in you and you're a bit upset. Does it have to do with Haley?" Conor wondered.
"Yeah, she knew about this. She was pretty much the only one who knew. She would always want to hear what I make and she always loved it. But it's okay. Really." I smiled.
"Are you sure?" Conor questioned me.
"Yeah, I'm good." I smiled and gave him a kiss.
"Alright." He gave me another kiss.

----------------------------------------------

A/N

I do not own this song.

P.s.
I could not connect the song to the chapter. If you would like to hear it go on YouTube and search;
Hello- Marshmello remix