Ross- Forever and Ever

New York City. The City That Never Sleeps. Walking onstage with your boyfriend, Ross, at nearly eleven o'clock for an encore proved that. Not a single person in the crowd had lost a drop of energy, even though they had been screaming and dancing for hours. The two of you walked hand in hand to the tall and small mic stands that had been set up.  Ross grabbed for his acoustic guitar as he plucked the opening notes to a song he wrote for you, but something wasn't right. Tears filled his eyes, and you knew something was wrong.

*flashback*

You had known Ross, and the rest of the Lynch's for that matter, your whole life. When they moved to California, you had stayed back in Colorado, and it broke your heart that you couldn't see him everyday. When it came down to it, you him once or twice a year at most when one of you scrounged up the money to fly nearly halfway across the country. 

The year that you both turned eighteen, you got accepted to UCLA. That meant at least two whole years together while he finished filming Austin and Ally. You were both thrilled, but when he picked you up at the airport with an unfamiliar looking girl, you got worried. She was a tall, leggy blonde dressed head to toe in neon pink. Not to stereotype, but you knew immediately that she wasn't good for your best friend. Everything about her, from her cotton candy lip gloss to her infinity scarf, screamed seventh grade. Before he saw you, she was nagging and nagging for him to get off his phone, when he was only checking what time my flight landed. You walked up and tapped him on the shoulder.

"Hey, stranger," You smiled.

"Y/N!" he exclaimed, embracing you in one of the hugs that you were so deprived of. "Oh. This is my girlfriend Lilly."

Instead of shaking your hand like a normal person, Lilly glared at you as if scanning you for dangerous diseases.

"Hi," you smiled. She still glared.

The next few weeks you hung out with them, more and more red flags popped up. Lilly bossed him around like Ross was an African American in 1850's Georgia. "Get my purse!" "Give my cat a bath!" "Polish my heels!" 

"Ross, she treats you like Cinderella. You have to dump her," you whispered when she sneaked off to the bathroom.

"I know, but she won't let me. I've tried, but then she cries and still shows up at my house the next day. And she really is a nice girl. I really like Lilly," Ross confessed.

"And I really like Stephen King novels, but that doesn't mean I want to live in one! Ross, she is abusive. The only reason you stay with her is because you are scared. Lilly could go to jail for this," you pushed.

"I could go to jail for what?" Lilly snarled as she came back to living room with a bottle of acetone. "Rossy, take the polish off my toes." She tossed the bottle at him and plopped herself in his lap as he did what he was told.

"Nothing. Obviously, my best friend doesn't care about me anymore, and I should just leave," you huffed. Before anyone could protest, Lilly laughed.

"Good. I always hated you anyway. I'm just glad I didn't have to get rid of you myself."

"That's it," Ross protested. "Leave, and never come back. You are abusive and if you don't leave, I will call the cops and tell them about your stupid orders and obsessive behavior."

"Try me."

That night, Ross wrote a song about overcoming the hard times in order to find better ones in new places. Of course, getting a restraining order again his ex wasn't the highlight of his life, but when he played that song for you nearly two months later, you pressed a small kiss to his lips and asked him on a date. 

*end flashback*

While the song was supposed to be a reminder of the good times, it mostly reminded him of how he had been abused. But you were there to show him that he was loved which is why before you sang the first verse of your song, you pressed a kiss to Ross's lips. 

AN
By the way, if you want to comment questions for a Q and A, I will answer them in the next chapter