"What the heck were you doing there?" Adam demanded. "Are you a stupid kid? Will I always be there to save you?"

"Hey, shut up. I was looking around for Mariam." Maymoona huffed. "Also, I don't need you to be around saving my ass. I can take care of myself."

"Save yourself? My ass. You give them a big middle finger, you know that?" Adam peered at her angrily for few seconds. "You ignore people like them. Not fight back."

"Not my problem that I want to be tough as the big boys." Maymoona stuck her tongue out.

Adam sighed. "I saw her a street down. Be careful next time."

"What do I know about males?" She mumbled. Adam drove in silence, trying to find Mariam.

"Why is he making me do this?" Maymoona said in a hushed tone a few moments later.

"He wouldn't even tell me the details." Adam frowned. "The idiot took the form of his father."

"He used me." She could not break, not right now anyways.

Adam turned to her for a brief moment. "You should have never dated him."

"He is going to hurt my family."

"He will not, I promise." Adam spotted Mariam and parked a couple meters behind. Maymoona opened the door to slip out but paused.

"Hey, Adam?"

"Mhm?"

"I wonder why you didn't become like your brother."

"Maybe because I've seen the damage that has been done to him. He's hurting everyone around him. I wouldn't want to be him."

***

We piled into the van, and I kept an eye on Alex, who kept on smirking at me now and then. We had left the girls with Yusuf, and I could imagine Yusuf confessing to her again. Would Mariam accept or decline? The thought flooded my brain, but I tried to drain them out. I had more important things to worry about at the moment.

I sat between Immortia and Alex, making sure Immortia didn't turn into a cannibal. Alex was another problem as she was so giddy about something.

"Why don't you sit your ass down, darling?" I glare, but she grinned.

"Why can't I be happy?" She whined.

"With your permission, I'd like to throw her to a cannibal." I look at Yamato.

"She's trying to get to you, Adam. Now, calm down." Yamato replied without looking back from the front seat. Still irritated, I composed myself. She sang songs, flirted with me- even though I assumed her as a lesbian, and blew kisses at Immortia. The cheerful lady seemed to have no worries at all. Immortia smirked and blew kisses at her too, muttering how he's going to murder her under his breath when he gets the chance.

We drove through the empty streets, making our way to the mansion. The forests were dark and murky, and I didn't pay attention to the emptiness, rather thought about out rescue. The antidote could help us get rescued from the government since we had something they might be looking for.

We had passed another few miles before we came to a road leading into the forest. Immortia's mansion was located deep within. However, we were stopped in our tracks as bodies emerged from the dark trees. They were hunched over, our van almost knocking one down.

"Cannibals. I thought they moved east?" Altai slammed the breaks as they surrounded us. Some stood on both of their legs, others on all four. A strange look was planted on my face as I peer out the window.