Chapter 38: World or Your Friends?

Look, it's Amina!

Heyyy back with another update ;)
A few announcements so you don't get confused later on: I'll be changing the actors that portray some of the characters and the ages of some characters will also be changed.

A quick question:
Yusuf x Mariam
Or
Adam x Mariam
Or
Mariam x (insert random character)

Also, I'm writing on my phone because I'm travelling and the stupid me did not bring my laptop along xD

***Check out my other stories "Kid Killer" and "A Game of Hide and Seek" thanks!

If a time comes to save the world or my friends, who will I choose?
~Mariam

"Dad, no!" 7 year old Adam screamed as he raised his arms over his head to protect himself. "Please!" He wailed as his father gave another blow.

"Did I raise you up for this? Huh?" His father kicked him in the stomach and Adam continued to shriek in pain.

"Leave him alone!" Isaiah screamed in the corner, trying to avoid the beatings. "Leave my brother alone!"

"You're brother?" His father walked over to Isaiah. "I'm feeding you, raising you both. Your mother's a pathetic woman. You should be grateful! But no, both of you shun me and for that, you need to be punished." He tightened his hand around Isaiah's jaw. "I'm teaching you both pure golden knowledge. The art of black magic, and you defy me? I am your father!"

"I will never become like you." Isaiah spit. "What you're doing is wrong."

"What I'm doing is right! The world is filthy and we need to clean it."

"You need to clean yourself." Adam spat.

"How dare you!" His father went over and kicked him again. "I'm the Magician. The one who's going to be the saviour of this world! How dare my sons say this to me?"

And he continued beating them.

In another room, Amina could hear the screaming. Biting her lip, she looks over at her husband.

"Tell him to stop." She plead. "I can't see him beating his children up anymore."

Her husband looks away, pity in his eyes. He couldn't stand it either, but if he defied his master; him, his wife, and their daughter would be punished.

"It will last just a few years more, Amina. Then Adam and Isaiah would be able to stand up for themselves." He replied. "If I tried to step in, he would do something to you and Mariam."

"How do you think she's doing?" Amina changed the subject from Adam and Isaiah. "I haven't seen her the day since I gave birth to her."

"Your friend, Layla, must be a good mother." He gave a smile, reassuring his wife. "For now, let's take Adam and Isaiah as our children."

Amina nods, knowing the children were going through hell. Her daughter was safe, but both boys weren't. She remembered the day Mariam was taken away from her. The only thing she could give her daughter was a name.

Mariam. The name of Jesus's mother; the sister of Moses.

Amina was forced to marry her husband. She remembered the first day they met, how she was bruised and beaten up and the man came to her, asking her consent for marriage. She felt comfortable to bring a child with a spouse. She fulfilled what the magician wanted; a child from both of them. She gave her daughter away without a word. She didn't ever think she'd fall in love with her husband, but she did.