You Hurt Me {6}

Kayla's POV

Joe walks in my room and I wipe my tears away because I don't want to upset him.

"Joe, when is Caspar gonna get his stuff?" I sob and as if by fate, the front door unlocks.

"I guess now," Joe says and leaves the room to see Caspar I assume.

I hear footsteps outside but they aren't Joe's and I can tell they are Caspar's. I hide in the corner of the room because I don't want to see him.

"Kayla please give me another chance," he says in a desperate tone, coming into my room without knocking.

"Why should I? You left me and Joe! You don't act like a father to me- Joe is the only person who has looked after me!" I shout at him, standing up now and walking towards him.

"You don't understand Kayla, you're to young to," he says to me and tries to pick me up to hug me but I get out of his grasp.

His arms flair about and he ends up punching me in the nose which immediately causes it to bleed. He looks at me in horror and I stare at him like he is a monster.

"Step back from my daughter," Joe bursts into the room with a knife in his hand and points it at Caspar.

"Come here right now Kayla," Joe yells and I do as he says, hiding behind him.

"Don't make me do it Caspar. I don't want to do this to you Caspar," Joe says, trying to reason with Caspar who is obviously out of his mind.

"It's my turn to have Kayla. Don't even threaten me with that knife otherwise I'll," he grabs a gun from his pocket and points it at Joe, "have to kill you."

I can feel Joe's body shaking as the gun is pointed at him and I want to protect him now.

"Kayla I'm sorry I have to..." Joe drops the knife on the floor and puts his hands in the air.

"I understand," I sigh and walk over to Caspar; I can't let Joe die because then there will be no one to look after me.

"No harm done, I'll bring her back in a month," Caspar says casually and pulls me out the door by my collar. I can smell the alcohol on his breath and I can tell he is drunk.

He takes me back to the spot where they found me and throws me to the ground and cackles loudly. I look around for someone to help me but no one is here.

"This is where you belong you stupid girl," he yells at me before leaving me on the pavement, cold and crying.

I sob loudly and wish for Joe to come and get me. How can he guess that Caspar would leave me here though? How will he know where I am?

"JOE HELP ME PLEASE!" I scream and I hear footsteps behind me. At first I'm scared that Caspar has come back for me but then I hear Joe's voice and happiness fills me.

"I followed his car to here and waited till he left. Don't worry, you're safe with me," he holds me as I shake from relief. I just hope Caspar never finds us again.

                                                                                [Christmas Day ]
Kayla's POV
It's our first Christmas with Zalfie we have moved in with them a couple of weeks ago