In The Midnight Hour

Requested by anon on Tumblr 

a/n title based off a good old song 10/10 would recommend listening to it (it reminds me of 1940's bucky)

You were stuck yet again with the midnight shift at the hotel you worked at. It's usually pretty lonely since barely anyone checked in after around 10:30. But this shift ended up being different.

It was about midnight and you were reading to help pass the time when a man walked through the hotel doors pulling a single suitcase and had a small backpack on his back. As he made his way towards the desk you put down your book and greeted him, "Good evening sir, what name is your room under?"

"Good evening," he said with a smile. "it's under Stan, Sebastian Stan."

"Ah, here it is." you reply, "Here's your key and the room number is 1187". 

"Thank you, goodnight."

"Goodnight sir, enjoy your stay," you respond with a smile.

And with that he walked to the elevator and you were alone again. You picked up your book and continued where you left off.

About an hour later you heard the ding of the elevator, and you looked up to see Sebastian walk out of it wearing sweatpants and a t-shirt.

"Can' sleep?" you ask.

"Nah, jet lag sucks." he responds, "What book are you reading?"

"Catcher in the Rye."

"No way, that's one of my favorites!" Seb exclaims, "What's your favorite part?"

Since it didn't seem like anyone else would be coming for a while, you and Sebastian sat at one of the couches in the lobby. You two spent hours talking about the book, your life, his life, and other stupid little things. Eventually, another guest arrived and while you were at the desk helping them Sebastian dosed off on the couch. When you returned you gently rub his shoulder and say, "Seb wake up, let me walk you to your room." He let out a small groan as you help him to his feet. He takes your hand as you walk to the elevator.

"I had a really great time talking to you," he says when you arrive at his door.

"Me too, thanks for keeping me company."

He pulls you in for a hug and says, "Goodnight Y/N".

"Goodnight Seb," you respond.

Your shift ended at 7 the next morning and you didn't see Sebastian after you brought him to his room. When you arrive at work the next day your work friend informs you that there's a note that was left in your box. You curiously go to your box to find a note from Sebastian:

      Dear Y/N,

             I truly enjoyed talking to you and having your company. I would love to see you again. My number is ###-###-####.

-Sebastian xxx

I'm pretty sure my verb tenses are all over the place so I apologize, I'd tried to fix them but there's probably more. I really enjoyed writing this one, thanks anon for the idea!

I chooses Catcher bc its actually one of Seb's favorite books (and mine). Sorry if you don't like it.

Please check out my new book "Campus" which is a TJ Hammond fic! The first chapter will be posted in about 9 days! I'm super excited to write this book!

ALSO thank you guys for over 100 followers, 27K reads, and 505th in fanfiction! This is super cool! 

You're all awesome!

Brooke x