Love From Tragedy - Carter Baizen

Warning: Gossip Girl Spoilers and mention of alcohol consumption

(a/n: You're Chuck Bass' twin sister)

You were at one of the numerous Upper East Side parties when you're step-mother Lily VanDerwoodson approached you with tears in her eyes, took you by the hand, and said, "I'm so sorry y/n but you're father has been in a terrible accident, we need to go to the hospital right away."

You stood in shock trying to process the words you just heard. You're father was never close to either you or Chuck but this still hurt. Soon enough you were dragged into a car and driven to the hospital. When you walking in a doctor came up to you and Lily and said, "I'm sorry but Mr. Bass is not going to make it, please come say your goodbyes.". You walked like a zombie into your father's room and stood next to his near-lifeless body.

"I love you Daddy, Chuck loves you too, I'll miss you so much, good-bye Daddy." You said with tears streaming down your face, and then you bent down and kissed your father on the cheek. You noticed Chuck's head appear in the door window and motion for him to come in but he lowers his head and disappeared. You went out to follow him but when you went out into the hallway Chuck was nowhere to be seen. You felt all alone.

After composing yourself you took a car to the Palace Hotel, but there was no way you could go to sleep. So you made your way over to the hotel bar where you met a familiar face, Carter Baizen. You hadn't seen him since he would come over to hang out with Chuck and Nate before Carter graduated high school.

"Y/N Bass,  I haven't seen you in forever," Carter said as he walked over to you.

"Hey Carter, its so nice to see you again."

"I saw on the news about your dad, I'm so sorry. Where's Chuck, is he okay?"

"I saw him at the hospital but he disappeared before I could talk to him." you said tears starting to fall again at the mention of your father.

"Aw y/n come here" Carter said opening his arms to hug you, "You shouldn't be alone right now, you can hang out with me if you want."

"I'll take you up on that offer, thank you Carter, but can our hang out sesh start with getting a few drink."

Carter smiling and laughed, "Of course y/n"

"Hey can you get me and this lovely lady a couple of drinks please", Carter said to the bartender. 

By the time you finished your drinks you were a tad tipsy. You and Carter had caught up and he told stories about his adventures around the world, which made you almost forget about your father.

"You still surprise me about how different you are from your brother," Carter said.

"Yeah I get that a lot" you said giggling.

"Hey y/n, do you want to get out of here and go on our own adventure in the city?"

"Yes, that'd be great" you said smiling. 

Carter took your hand and lead you out of the hotel. You started your adventure walking the edge of Central Park and Carter bought the two of you ice cream from an ice cream cart. You walked together all the way to Times Square. You stood in the middle of Times Square and looked at all the lights in awe like little kids. When both of you locked eyes Carter took your hands and said, "You know I've actually liked you since I was in high school, and you're one of the only girls I truly like and am actually a little nervous around. I really care about you y/n".

"I've liked you since then too Carter" you reply.

Carter pulled you in for a long kiss and when it finally breaks the two of you just looked at each other smiling. Eventually, Carter took you back to his apartment and you slept there in his arms. You no longer felt alone. 

Hey, well I'm finally back. I'm so sorry for not posting in over a month. I hope you Gossip Girl fans enjoyed this imagine, even though I know it wasn't my best. Hopefully, I'll be back on scheduled uploads. 

Also, this book has over 5K reads which is amazing, thank you to every single reader, love you guys!

Brooke x