Chapter 14

The next morning, after I made myself a chocolate waffles because well, I'm a freaking pig and I just don't care about it, I decided to call my, well ex boss.

After I signed for a movie, I got aware that I won't have any time for my job at the library which I wasn't complaining about but since we got two days off at the set and I could use some cash at the moment I decided to give him a call and see if he has something for me to do.

At the beginning, when I signed the contract I got 10% of total amount of cash, the other 90% will be on my bank account after the filming is done. I decided not to spend money I still had from my dad. I was still living pretty fine with those 10% and I needed some savings, you never know what can happen.

After I was informed that the only shift I can take is the one tomorrow in the morning, I thanked Mr Grant and packed my bag for the gym. I felt mad at myself for skipping it for a few weeks now. When I was at uni, I managed to go at least 3 times a week. After I got a job, it became 2 times and now I'm too lazy to move my ass from the couch.

***

After coming to the realization that I'm about to faint because of my lack or regular physical activity this month, I left the gym. Even though I was covered in sweat, I somehow felt better and healthier.

I took a shower back at home and washed my sweaty hair. Feeling fresh afterwards, I wrapped it into a towel and started painting my nails in nude, pinky color. I felt the need to have some quality time for myself.

I haven't exactly talked to Marshall ever since he dropped me home so I tried to keep myself occupied so the thought of calling him wouldn't be the first thing on my mind.

The one thing I hated the most was leaving things unclear. I'd prefer if we had a fight and he decided to kick me out instead having this goddamn feeling when I don't know if he's mad or not, it stresses me out the most! In our, what so called relationship, our status has never been exactly clarified but I never had the urge to know it. Just having him from time to time was enough.

I decided to call him. There are things we both need to explain to each other.

The phone ringed multiple times until he cleared his throat before greeting me with a 'hello'.

"It's me." I said quietly.

"I know." His voice was deep and he sounded exhausted.

"Are there any chances I can see you today?" I asked hopefully.

"Nah. I'm stuck at work since the morning. Ain't gettin' outta here 'til 8 or something."

"I'm free after 8?" I sounded desperate.

"Well, I ain't. Gotta head to Kim's to see Hay and Alaina. She ain't letting me have them tomorrow and I'm drowned with work on Monday." I couldn't really figure out if he was being truthful or just trying his best to avoid me.

"Oh, so girl's are sleeping at your place tonight?"

"Nah, I told you I'm heading to Kim's. Just to play with them and shit. Hailie ordered me to bring fuckin' cake and dolls she forgot at my house last weekend." He said that like he was reminding himself. It was funny seeing him obeying someone else's commands.

"I hope you guys have fun." I said honestly.

"Why d'you call?" He asked.

"Uh, just wanted to check up on you.. and I guess ask if you can put me in your schedule but it's fine, enjoy your time with girls!"

"I can maybe roll up to your place after I'm done with 'em if I'm not feelin' too tired." He said unsure.

"Take your time and give me a call if you feel like coming later." I didn't want him to feel forced to come but I doubt he'd even come if he didn't feel like it.

"Aight, peace S." He said quickly.

"S?" I asked, smile on my face.

"Yeah, don't smile on me, gotta go." He said and hung up. How could he possibly know?!

***

Having a pretty uneventful day, I was beyond excited when Clarissa, a makeup artist that works on the set asked me to go out for drinks. At first, I though I was too tired to go and that I should just text her my address but since my apartment was fucking mess and she was a new friend, I decided to drop it.

I put on a light grey sweater, comfy black high waisted jeans and and a pair of grey nikies. I didn't pay too much attention to my makeup. I didn't use foundation on daily basis nor eyeshadow or lipstick. I was completely fine with some concealer underneath my eyes and mascara. I liked to make my eyes look sexy and a big amount of mascara always made them pop!

The pub where I arranged my meeting with Clarissa was pretty near, only around ten minutes from my building which was pretty dope because I didn't have to use my car.

Surprisingly, I wasn't late and when I entered the pub, I immediately spotted her long pink nails and short blonde hair at the corner. She had a chewing gum in her mouth and a mobile phone firmly held my both of her hands. I approached her slowly and pearly whites appeared on her face when she saw me.

"Girly!" She exclaimed and got up to hug me. She seemed so nice and positive and nowadays, it was not that easy to find someone like that.

Whitin minutes, we completely bonded. It felt like I know her for ages and she was humorous! Kind of reminded me of Amy. Except of the fact that she wasn't whoring out like the two of us. She actually had a healthy, stable relationship of 3 years. They even adopted a dog,a chiwawa called Adrian.

She was telling me about her life in Los Angeles and how much fun I was about to have when the movie set moves there. She told me that she lived there for around 4 years after she moved there from here hometown, San Francisco but she insisted that LA felt like a home to her.

Also, she couldn't resist not to touch the Grayson subject. She said she had never worked with him before but that people say his younger version of George fucking Clooney.

"Let me tell you sister, he's iconic, sweet Lord, those goddamn eyes and muscles! I mean, if you tell me you didn't completely fucking checked him out, you're either a mental case or lying daughter of a bitch!" I laughed.

"Yeah, I totally did. He does look superb! He's definitely not the type you could possibly see here in D, he's something else, I'll give him that. " I responded honestly.

"But?!" She raised her eyebrow.

"There are no buts."

 "Oh there gotta be buts if you didn't jump on that bombshell right away. I'd totally go for it but I love my fiance too much so tell me, who do you have on your mind?" 

 "I already told you - no one."

"You seriously think I bought that shit?!" I smiled at her.

 "Alright, there is someone. But he's kind of older and well, unavailable."

 "Is he married?!" She was already smelling a scandal.

 "Divorced, actually. I mean he's always drowned with work and I don't know if I honestly can fit myself in his lifestyle. I wish I could but I just can't see anything prospective in there, like, he's not someone I can even imagine having future with, kids, you know.. I'm just afraid I'm falling for him too hard." I was surprised how easily I confessed that I'm falling for Marshall. It was loud and clear. I knew it and he did too.

After two more hours of us drinking cocktails and chatting about our lives, we said goodbye and left the local pub. I kind of felt like Clarissa is that rare person who you can get that instant connection with. Even if I didn't believe in it, it might was love on first sight.

After I returned home, I changed my clothes and made two steaks with sweet potatoes, filled two glasses of wine and waited. I drank the first one, the slowest as I could. After midnight, I took another one and threw it in the trash.

Marshall didn't call later that night.

***

Extremely short and boring but not always is something happening.

I will see you really soon with next (way more exciting) chapter!

vote and comment!