She Wolves of Manhattan

Please comment and vote! I'd love to hear what you guys think!!!

Hope ya likes it!

(this is just a rough draft of what the first chap may be. Sort of a test whether people are interested. Just heads up) 

(Ashley Tisdale's song He Said She Said is practically the theme song for this story) >>>

~KC Blares

*******************************************************************************************

CHAPTER 1

I watched as the small tendrils of smoke drifted into the air, disappearing into the endless blue sky. My tensed muscles and nerves relaxed, my lungs actually able to completely fill with air. The pain always seemed to lessen when I smoked or drank. I leaned back against the cool brick wall, taking another drag of my cigarette before tossing it to the ground, pressing my boot on it and digging it into the pavement, extinguishing the embers.

"Yo, Maxie, you got anotha' weed?" Natalia asked, running a hand through her long slick black hair. I nodded, pulling the pack of cigarettes from my pocket, tossing it across the alley to her, but before she could grab it, Minx reached out and took it, pulling one out for her before chucking the rest behind her to Natalia.

"Thanks, Max," Minx grinned, putting the cigarette to her lips before strutting away. I rolled my eyes, chuckling softly to myself as Natalia passed the pack back.

"So, Maxie, you hear 'bout the new girl Molly?" Natalia asked, leaning in secretively as she took a drag of her cigarette. I shook my head, not surprised I hadn't heard about her. I never really wanted to know whether a new girl joined the gang, it just meant that was one more girl that was rejected. Like the rest of us. Like me.

"Anyway, she came from a pack up in Addison, New York. Apparently, she was more sensitive than the aggressive female werewolves in 'er pack and she got picked on for it. Her mate ended up rejecting 'er not even three days ago, poor girl." she sighed, shaking her head thoughtfully. We could all relate to that girl Molly's story.

Natalia used to be this slightly overweight, shy girl that went by Nelly. She was rejected by her mate and her life was ruined after that by her pack. She had found the gang and the moment she stumbled upon us, we gave her a new name and with all the training we do here, it wasn't hard to get rid of the extra pounds.

Minx, on the other hand, used to be known as Lana. She was one of the funnier wolves among her pack, hung with the boys, pulled pranks, all that chiz. But, she was meant to be the next Beta in her pack and her parents had been pressuring her to train for that responsibility and find a mate, but Minx wasn't ready for that. She ran away from the pack and found sanctuary here where there wasn't any stress, any boys, or any adults.

But my story, my story is better kept secret. Everyone in the gang knows what happened, how I ended up here, but no one dares to talk about it. For reasons because it's just that terrible and that if I heard anyone mention it, I'd snap their ribs. I may look like the innocent girl with the wavy brunette hair, big grey eyes, and red pouty lips, but I had the strength of a lion. Or a wolf in this case.

"What's Molly now?" I asked, knowing she probably had already received a new name.

"Jinx, now ain't that a name," she grinned. I nodded, definitely not the worst name I've heard in the gang, but it could be better. 

"Wassup, ladies?" Talon grinned widely, leaning up against the wall beside Natalia, a beer in her hand and her light green eyes shining brightly with mischief. Her three metallic talons on her right hand reflected the rays of the sun.

"Not much." I shrugged. "How 'bout yourself?" 

"The usual shabang, ya know." she smirked. "So, either you doin' anything tonight?" She raised her eyebrows in question. I grinned, completely remembering my plans for the evening.

"I'm headin' up north towards the woods. My bones are too stiff. It's been ages since my wolf got a run," I sighed, not being able to remember the last time I had been able to stretch and run like I was free. I had to travel eight miles by foot though to get up there. Last time I checked, wolves don't inhabit Manhattan. Well, actual wolves. Our gang, Las Lobas, practically own this side of New York.

"You're jokin' right?" Natalia gasped. "You didn't even bother askin' me?" I just shrugged, unable to hide the smile that came to my face as Natalia made a fake pout. I had meant to ask her and the rest of the gang, but the plan had completely slipped my mind.

"I was just gonna have anyone who wants to, come. It ain't exclusive," I said instead, giggling at Natalia’s assumptions. She relaxed a bit, a smile breaking to her face, Talon's too.

"Screw that bar party! I need a good run," Talon said, stretching her arms out. 

"See if Mol- I mean if Jinx wants to come. It would help 'er settle in a bit, don'tcha think?" I smiled, remembering when I first joined the gang, how nervous I was at first. Now these girls are my family. I'm sure a run with the gang would smooth it out a bit.

"Sure thang," Talon winked, walking off, no doubt going to ask the rest of the girls whether they want to come or not. I'm sure the entire gang will be heading up there. Boy, the people of New York don't even know that we're much more than just a vandalizing, stealing, beating girl gang. We're so much more.