Chap. 2 ~ Maybelle "Motormouth" Stubbs

*We love Queen!*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Maybelle's POV

"Belle! Baby girl, wake up! You gon' be late for school, ya hear!" I groaned as my daddy yelled for me to wake up. I sat up in my small bed and looked at my clock.  6:24am.

I yawned and stood up from the bed as I went into my bathroom and got ready for school.

Wow. My first day as a Senior. At an white school. In the 30s...I'm asking to be lynched.

I finished my business and looked threw my closet. I decided on wearing a blue floral print dress and my black flats my daddy bought me for my 16th birthday. I took my curls and pinned them up, out of my face, and grabbed my bag and began my descent down the hallway.

As I walk into the kitchen, I witness my dad running around the kitchen frantically, grabbing his work papers.

"Um, daddy? What ya doin?" He stops and stares at me, before walking up to me.

"I was looking for my papers. I start that new job today and I won't be accepted into the office if I don't have them. Also, I won't be able to pick you up after school, babygirl. I'm sorry."

"It's not a problem. The papers are on the counter behind you. I gotta get to school. I love you." I quickly kissed my dad and left my house, getting in my broken down brown Toyota.

Off to school. Don't be nervous..it's totally normal. Only black girl at the ALL WHITE school. Don't freak..

I took a deep breath and began driving to my new high school. After 15 minutes, I pull up and park under a big shady tree and cut the engine off.

I look around and see a white boy staring at me. Then 2 boys come over to him and they grab his attention. He wears black jeans with a white shirt with a black leather jacket and converse. His hair is in a tussled bad boy way.

I shake my head as I stare at his sharp jawline and facial structure. I decide to get out and walk to the back of the school. I hear footsteps behind me and I slow down and face the person behind the loud steps.

"Who are you?" The boy from earlier asks and I stand there, staring him down. He stares me down as well, examining me.

I cross my arms in a defensive way. "I ain't gotta speak to you." He looks around before taking a step closer to me.

"Listen...I ain't one of ya friends and I ain't ever gon' be one of ya friends. Take that attitude somewhere else. You hear me?"

He snarls at me, which makes him look even more handsome. His fits are cute. I smile at him before firing back.

"Yeah. Clear as that dirt stain on your shirt. I ain't scared of you. Cause I done seen what y'all do to people like me. Done hung my momma just cause she was a white woman with a black man. But I still ain't scared."

I watch him take a step back and I smile, knowing he's in a deep confrontation with himself.

"Jus' stay away from me." He goes to walk away, but I reply with a smart comment.

"I wasn't the one who came up to you. You came up to me." I spin around and walk into the school, like nothing even happened.

He thinks I didn't see him, but before I turned around to leave, I saw a small smile on his pink lips.

'Maybe high school wouldn't be so bad...if he were only in it. This is gonna be a long year..Jesus help me.'

So?? Any thoughts on the second chapter? I'm just now publishing this @3:15 in the morning which is crazy because I've had free time with it being summer and all. My lovely folks who read, please comment, vote, and share! What do you think should happen in the 3rd chapter?? Anyways, till next time.

- FutureActress__