CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN

Start from the beginning

"Of course I said yes." I laughed.

"Wohoo! Finally somebody is getting married after so many years." She yelled, almost making me deaf.

I grimaced, "You're acting as if I'm getting married for the first time."

"Shut up! I'm excited we'll be attending a close persons wedding again. Let me tell you Paisley, I'm going to be the maid of honour, you are going to follow all my commands without being a bitch. From the wedding dress to the cuisine, I'll look after everything." She said with sheer excitement.

"Of course, yes. You're doing to all the things, while I'll be getting pampered by the rest of you, just like a to-be-bride should." I joked. 

"Since last time you're wore an absolutely charming, classy and stunning dress. This time, you're going to opt for a sexy gown, that looks elegant and beautiful at the same time." Melissa suggested.

"Absolutely, I want the look to change this time." I agreed with her.

Later as we were talking, the topic drifted away to Luke. Melissa always guides me without bias. So, I told her the situation going in my mind about, how will I tell Luke about this, and how would her react?

She heard me patiently, advising me to tell him about everything without any delay.

After an hour or so, Mel and I along with the kids went out for lunch.

I came back home with the boys in the evening, expecting Kyle to be there, but he wasn't. So, I decided to call and check up on him, but my mobile was dead. I immediately plugged in the charger and called him.

"Hey, my love! Where have you been? I have been calling you for the past couple of hours, but your number was switched off." He said his voice laced with concern.

"I am sorry, babe, my phone was out of battery. I had gone to Mel's place to pick up the kids, and after that we went away for lunch." I told him.

"You had me worried, Paisley!" Kyle said.

"Sorry. Where are you, weren't you suppose to be home a bit early today?" I asked.

"That's what I wanted to tell you about. I have to work late tonight. I have an important meeting to attend, I'll be late. Please don't wait up for me." Kyle said and disappointment crept over me. It's really been like this with both of us. We have been incredibly occupied with work.

"Fine. But don't miss your dinner and all the best for the meeting." I told with a small sigh.

"I won't, baby, and thank you. I gotta go now, love you." He said.

"Love you too!" I said and up the call.

.....................

I woke up the next morning to only to see Kyle being missing. I checked the whole house but couldn't find him, so I decide to call him. As I was about to pick up my mobile from the nightstand, I saw a note lying there for me from Kyle.

"Good morning, beautiful. By the time you wake up and find this note, I'll already be in office. Last night when I came home late, I saw you sleeping soundly and didn't have the heart to disturb you. I will call you once I am done with the meeting. Wish me luck, take care. I love you, Mrs.Redmond!" This is what the note read. The last line though, made me blush slightly with a ghost of a smile playing on my lips.