Chapter 1 Long time no see

Start from the beginning

"I hate it when guys can't get a message", Malia said rolling her eyes.

I nodded my head in agreement. "Thanks for the coffee", I said, gratefully as I got up. "No problem" she said with a smile.

"I'll hopefully see you around sometime Malia" I said pulling my hoodie up. "Yeah, same for you" she said with a wave. I waved back before exiting the door.

I walked back up the road I came from to the hotel. I kept my head down slightly, but I couldn't help but be disgusted by the stench of rogues. There were seven of them all seated outside a pub.

I walked past them without a single glance. Being a Lycan has its perks. You can hide your sent from others, making it seem like your a human.

I walked up to my room when I came to the hotel. I grabbed the bag that lay on my bed and walked back out to the reception.

A male with blonde haired, I sniffed the air discretely, he was human. He was sat down behind the desk, with his legs up and head down, his arms covered in a variation of tattoos.

I cleared my throat grabbing his attention. He slowly looked up and sighed. "Booking in,or out?" he asked. "Out", I stated simply in return.

He nodded, opening the guest book. "Name?"

"Tia Martin", I lied.

"Yeah okay, you're good to go" he said before putting his feet back up onto the desk. "Thanks" I mumbled.

I swung my bag over my shoulder and walked out of the hotel. I walked to the nearest bus stop and sat down.

Usually a werewolf would run to their destination, but I can't. That would be blowing my cover. If another werewolf saw, they would straight away know and then I would be screwed. The biggest pain with being the only female Lycan.

It use to be two, me and my mom. Alvery Rosai-Fabre.

But she died about two hundred years ago, by sliver. Her last few years were her being tortured, which is why I lay low. She died a proud but depressed women. Since Dad died from cancer a few years before.

I was old enough to take care of myself and they taught me how to fight and all that I would need to survive. So it wasn't to bad, but I missed them, and even though I had learnt a lot over the years I've traveled, there was still more I needed to know.

I looked up at the sound of tyres groaning to a stop. "Coming on Miss?" I nodded my head and got on, giving the driver some money. The bus had a few people, about twelve, some looked at me, while others continued their own thing.

I sat down at a window seat near the back. The weather wasn't the best today. It was dark, but there were no clear signs of rain. The trees swung quite a bit with the chilled breeze.

It didn't bother me, since my body heat is higher than an average human.

The bus stopped every now and then for people to get on or off. I stayed on for about an hour until it came to a stop that was close to my destination.

I thanked the driver before hopping off. The bus drove off, slowly making it's way to the nearest expressway. Taking a deep breath I looked both ways before I started to walk. I looked at an up coming sign that said "Welcome to Redstone"

The area up a head was covered with shops. It's a small town that I've been to a few times. There isn't anything exciting about it really, it doesn't stand out much. But it's not the town I'm after at the moment it's what lies behind it.

A large forest that stretches out for miles. There's a pack that's lives a few miles into it. Its called the Sliver moon pack. It's a pack of about three hundred wolves, big, but not the biggest pack in the world.

I walked on the streets of the small town, earning a glance every once and awhile. The forrest slowly started to come into view. Stepping foot into the forest, I breathed in the natural forest scents, it brought a smile to my face as it reminded me of home. I fastened my pace slightly and walked toward the pack grounds.

Within minutes of stepping into the territory I heard the sound of paws, pounding roughly, and steadily, into the earth.

Four males came from out of the forests shadows with hidden masks on their faces. "What are you doing here?" One of them demanded. He was tall and had no shirt on, none of them did.

"I'm here to see a friend" I replied, monotonous.

"Who may that be?" he asked.

"Vanessa Burling"

He didn't say anything but I saw his eyes shade over, he was mind linking. It was a special ability few of the werewolves were given with their ranks.

"State your name"

"Tia Martin" I said. He sighed with a nod and gestured me to follow.

I followed the four, heavily guarded males. "I'm no threat to your pack, so you can relax" I said. They stiffened further at my statement. "Even listen to my heart beat", after I said this they relaxed a bit.

A large house came into view, which was no doubt the pack house. I looked ahead seeing a girl standing outside looking in our direction.

I smiled at her as she ran towards us. "Tia" she yelled excitedly, smiling from one ear to the other. I smiled back as she jumped into my arms. I laughed at her actions. "Hey Ness" I said hugging the red head.

"It's been, too long!" she exclaimed looking at me. I nodded in agreement. "Come, dad can't wait to see you" she said pulling me towards the house.

Vanessa is a twenty eight year old, red head girl. I met her and her Dad six years ago. Her and her Dad were both badly hurt in a rogue attack. I ended up shifting in front of them. I killed the rogues and helped them and in return they promised to keep my secret. They are some of the only people that know.

We walked into the house, only to have all eyes looking straight at us, but Ness brushed them off and continued to drag me along upstairs.

We came to a door, that Ness barged straight into. She stopped at a couch and smiled brightly at me. A man in his fifties, but looked to be in his fourties, sat on the couch, looking at a old book.

"Dad! look who it is!" Ness beamed.

He looked up through his glasses, his eyes laid on mine. He straight away smiled, getting up. "Oh my" he said bringing me into a bone crushing hug.

"It's good to see you again Della Rosai!"