There's A Crack In Everything

Start from the beginning

"Amelia."

(A/N:  Young Katie play by Victoria Justice and young Amelia play by Shelley Hennig.)

I glanced at the clock

I glanced at the clock...12:15 am, day 12.  I looked around the room and see Katie, Quentin, and the rest of the kids sleeping.  I slowly got up from my cot and left the room. 

I made my way to the hallway, but not far away enough so I could check on Katie.  People would say that it's creepy during the night, but it's the best place to think right now, especially since no one was here.

I slid down and started to think.  We were finally able to see what started the spread of the virus.  Just have to wait till later because Katie is a better code breaker than I am.  Thomas isn't effected by the virus.  Cannerts doesn't seem close into finding a cure or at least a way to slow it down.  Toby is probably worried about me.  And Jake is more at risk with his line of work. 

Jake.  He's putting himself at risk just to help us prove we're being lied to.  He's probably...no, he is the best thing that's happened during this stupid outbreak.  If it wasn't for the cordon, I bet I would have never met him.  Ok, maybe on the street, but that's it.

"Hey, what are you doing out here?"

Speak of the devil.

I looked up to see Jake in his tank, "I could ask you the same thing, but with you covered in sweat probably means you were burning bodies again."

He chuckled as he slid down on the wall across from me, "Seriously, what are you doing up?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "Couldn't sleep, just thinking."

"About what?"

"Everything."  He said oh before we sat there in silence.  "I hate this." I mumbled.

"We all do." He replied.

I sighed as I looked at the clock...12:55 am.  What was suppose to be my day off turned out to be a lockdown.  12 days stuck here...stuck inside the cordon.

I glanced room and found my best friend still sleeping.  She wasn't suppose to be here either.  This must be one hell of a field trip for her.  Quentin shouldn't be here either.  He's to young to experience any of this.  I just want to take them away from this place and go out to movies like we use to.

We sat in silence for a few minutes, facing each other, him on one side of the room and me on the other. "You know what's the only good thing that happened from all of this?" I asked him.

He raised his eyebrow at me, "What?"

I gave him a small smile, "Meeting you."

He smiled back, "Same here. I would hug you, but that whole...six to eight feet thing."