I To Die, You To Live

I was laying down on one of the hospital's cot a few feet away from Katie and Quentin. I was looking at ceiling, thinking. I'm stuck in this hospital for 48 hours. This virus, that killed Bobby and Sanders, is spreading around. I might die if this virus gets in contact with me.

I looked down to see Quentin struggling to sleep, and Katie was wide awake but she was thinking. I looked up and see Jake, who saw my stare and gave me an ensuring smile. I slowly gave it back to him before looking back at the ceiling.

I heard a phone vibrate and I looked back at Jake to see him press the ignore button.

"Whoever was that, must have done you wrong." Katie stated.

I heard Jake sigh, "Why do you say that?"

"Because Katie has spidey senses when it comes to these things." I mumbled. I looked down to see Katie smiling at that.

She shook her head at me before looking back at Jake, "Because we're in a hot zone of an outbreak. Most people would answer a phone call."

"It's just work." Jake replied before tossing his phone into his helmet.

"So you're dodging calls from the police?" I asked with an eyebrow raised.

He gave a small smile, "I think I'm officially on holiday."

Then Quentin called for Katie saying he couldn't sleep. Katie asked to see his hands as a slow smile came to my face. This is what Katie and Quentin do all the time whenever Quentin had trouble sleeping. I've seen it so many times that I can do it in my sleep.

Katie and Quentin faced their hands together. "That's not four to six feet." Quentin said as I sat up.

Katie said, "We'll make an exception just this once." She smiled at him. "What do we say when we're home?"

"There are no monsters under my bed." Quentin started.

"No monsters in my head." Katie said.

"Tomorrow brings a new day of light." Quentin and Katie slowly looked at me and smiled.

I returned it while finishing, "Sweet dreams, my prince. Goodnight."

》》》》

"Congratulations." I said as I walked down the hallway.

Toby proposed to Jamie after the whole cordon lockdown. Toby told me that they fenced the cordon and no one was allowed to leave. He said he wanted to bring light to her cloudy day. It wasn't how he planned it. He was going to take her to her favorite restaurant, they watch a movie, then he was going to take her where they went on their first date and propose there.

"Thank you." Toby said.

"Jamie Artemisia...I like the sound of that. The only thing I'm sorry for is your plan on asking didn't happen."

"It's fine. I still got her to say yes. How's everything down there?"

I sighed, "What do you think?"

"That bad."

"Yeah." I walked around the corner and see Jake bouncing a ball on the wall. "I'll let you go. Keep me posted on what's happening out there. And tell Jamie I said hello."

"Will do. Bye."

I hung up the phone and continued down the hall. When the ball was in the middle of its bounce I caught it, standing at least four feet away.

"Playing ball in the hallway. A bit childish, don't you think?" I asked amusingly.

"I don't want to talk, Amelia."