It also wasn't her fault that the day she stepped foot in Beauxbatons she had been taught to walk with elegance and grace, to command attention with a display of confidence and a swish of your hips.

It was a nasty habit that Joséphine feared she would never be able to get rid of.

Finally making her way to the seat and sitting down, Joséphine barely got a glimpse of the eager faces of the students in the great hall before her vision was clouded by darkness.

Well hello dear. A voice cause Joséphine to jump in fright, her action emitting laughs from the crowd.

Hmmm a Seignar at Hogwarts? Why I would never have guessed your family would ever step foot out of France.

'You and me both magic hat.' But extenuating circumstances find you here. Well definitely not Slytherin, you have ambition but your heart is too pure.

Not Hufflepuff, you're to fierce, to stubborn to fit in there.

'Uh thanks?' Joséphine thought. It's between Ravenclaw and Gryffindor. You're as equally loyal as you are brave. A trait that would do well in Gryffindor. But you're smarts outweigh that all... All because of your mother I see?

Joséphine gripped the edge of the stool, reminding herself to keep access to her mind open and not to block the hat out.

First in your year in every subject, you excelled in non verbal spells and gymnastics, captain of the quidditch cheering squad.. 'It was true,' Joséphine  pondered. Beauxbatons although most common believed was an all-girl school was in fact not.

It was mixed but that didn't mean all boys and girls got to do things together, boys were allowed to play quidditch whereas girls had to stick to things like gardening or school musicals. The blatant sexism that girls couldn't handle such a rough sport annoyed Joséphine to no end but it was like she could do anything about it.

She was the perfect student for a reason.

Instead of fighting she had settled for cheering on the -in her opinion- absolutely useless boys playing. It was a something she extremely regretted.

You were a shoe in for Prime Lady had you'd stayed at the institute, but ahh- you moved for an engagement. Yes,the Seignar and Potter family will be entangled. That is a very smart choice. Will add me with my decision for sure. Joséphine had had enough of the silly hat rambling in her head. She had never been in such an odd predicament as the one now.

'Do you mind speeding it up?' Joséphine thought, eager to sit down and get rid of the feeling of all the peoples eyes on her.

Yes, it's very clear now. You're a GRYFFINDOR! The hats declaration was met with a demeaning applause from the table on the furthest right side of the room and an audible sigh of relief from Joséphine as she took of the hat and smiled at the professor.

"Congratulations miss Seignar, Gryffindor welcomes you." Professor McGonagall gave her a tight lipped smile before waving her wand, the Gryffindor colours and crest appearing on the previous black robes.

"Merci professeur," Joséphine nodded as she walked straight to Lily's smiling form.

"Congratulations Josie!" Lily beamed as she pulled the brunette into a tight hug.

"Merci Lily," Joséphine smiled back as she accepted a hug from Alice.

"I knew there was something I liked about you from the start," Marlene threw her a sultry wink as the all sat down and prepared for the dinner.

"I see you've snagged up Gryffindors newest prize," A masculine sounded from Joséphines left.

Turning her head she was met with the most peculiar eyes she had ever met. They were a dull grey that on anyone else would appear steely and devoid but on the lean boy they were filled with mischief and mirth. He had inky dark hair that fell to his shoulders in perfectly styled waves and a smile that Joséphine was sure had broken plenty of hearts.

"How's it feel to be in the best house?" The boy continued, looking Joséphine up and down with a look that could only be described as lust.

"Great, I get to be with Lily, Alice and Marlene. Although I feel I would have been better suited in Ravenclaw."

"What makes you say that? Gryffindor not up to your standards?" The question was different to his last ones, more cold and made Joséphine feel as if she had said the wrong thing.

"No it's just, I think I look better in blue opposed to yellow and red." Joséphine quickly covered, causing the others to laugh.

"I'm sure you'd look good in anything, or nothing. Whichever you prefer." The boy replied with a smirk, Marlene letting out a snort while Alice giggled and Lily rolled her eyes.

Joséphine didn't know how to answer, she had been hit in before just not in a quite so brash way. Luckily she was saved by another voice chiming in.

"Pad foot what poor soul are you hitting on now?" A voice from beside "pad foot" joked as he leaned around to get a better look.

Joséphine was mildly shocked to see James Potter staring back at her with his wide brown eyes and glasses askew. She could briefly recall him telling her he belonged to the Gryffindor house, but she didn't expect to interact with him very much. He had made his distaste for her very clear and quite frankly Joséphine didn't appreciate his attitude so wasn't very bothered by the fact.

"Joséphine this is the annoying J-" Lily started to introduce, only for Joséphine to cut her off.

"James Potter, oh we know each other already."

Comment • Vote • Follow