[02]

Daniel sat in the work space near the training area waiting for Magnus. Today he was taking him to get his school supplies for Hogwarts. He didn't want to go but Maryse insisted that he did in order to control his magic and follow the rules of the Clave. Usually shadowhunters aren't allowed to practice magic but he was an exception since his mother had chosen the shadowhunter path, instead of defining the laws.

Being afraid of getting his things taken away again, he more than oblige to following the rules. He would go to school during the year and in the summer he would resume his shadowhunter training. Being the second youngest at the institute wasn't a problem for him, it was just the fact that he was expect to behavior as if he was older than he actually was. When he wasn't in the weapons room, he had to be in the library studying his runes.

"He should be here any minute, are you ready to go?" Hodge said, patting his on the shoulder.

He nodded, "Yes sir."

He didn't say anything else, not wanting to get in to trouble. He got into an argument earlier because he didn't want to go with Magnus alone, he wanted Izzy to come with him. Her parents wouldn't allow it but that didn't mean that he wasn't going to give up that easily. It wasn't that he didn't like Magnus, it's just Isabelle and him did everything together. He relied on Izzy as more than a friend or sister, she was his rock.

Magnus arrived minutes later and they took a portal to a place called Diagon Alley. They arrived and the pathway was crowded with people. He didn't have a problem with being around people, he just didn't really like crowds. He grabbed ahold on Magnus' hand as the walked pass the shops to what looked like a bank. He expected Magnus to pull away and try to get rid of his as soon as possible. But he was wrong, Magnus was nothing but kind to the boy.

"Where exactly are we going?" He asked, looking up at him.

Magnus smiled down at him before pointing to a building, "Gringotts bank, it's where wizards keep their money."

They walked up the stairs and in to the building. He slightly squeezed Magnus' hand as the walked towards the main desk area.

He raised an eyebrow tugging on his sleeve, "Are these goblins?"

Magnus nodded and pulled the boy forwards the desk. Magnus talked to the goblin, while he focused more on his surroundings. They made their way down to a vault and Magnus handed the goblin a key. He grabbed a handful of each of the types of coins and the left the bank afterwards.

He stopped to retire his shoe, "Where are we going now?"

Magnus looked down at the list in his hand, "Madam Malkin's to get your robes for school."

The made their way to the north side of Diagon Alley and into Madam Malkin's Robes for all Occasions. He sat down in one of the chairs while Magnus went up to the counter. His name was called and he followed one of the workers back to the stools. He hoped up on one of the stools, almost falling over and onto the floor. He tried to regain his balance when he heard the person next to him laughing.

The boy laughed, "You ought to be more careful."

Daniel raised an eyebrow looking at him, "And you are?"

The boy smiled and stuck out his hand, "Keith Dupree."

He returned the smile and shook his hand slightly, "Daniel Starkwright."

The worked looked up at the pair of kids, "Turn around."

"Is that your dad?" Keith asked as they turned on the stools.

He looked at Magnus then back at Keith shaking his head laughing, "Heavens no."

"Then where are your parents?" He questioned looking at him.