Chapter Two

Mulai dari awal

Silently, Wynn prayed that Aaliyah and Nicole didn't notice her. The two of them were a lot to handle separately, but together they were even worse. She knew she was out of luck when they made their way to the large round couch in the center of the study alcove. Nicole's eyes locked with hers and a sly grin coated her lips as she nudged Aaliyah and nodded in Wynn's direction. Aaliyah shared Nicole's expression as they quickly made their way to her booth.

"Bring on the high school drama," Wynn groaned and stilled herself for what was bound to be unpleasant. Both girls had made it a point to let their dislike for Wynn be known whenever they saw her. Of course, Quad and Luke were never around during those moments.

"Well, what do we have here?" Aaliyah spoke purposely injecting a southern accent into her voice. "If it isn't little Winnie... the Pooh. Because honey, you're looking kind of plush." She mock pouted with a fake sympathetic voice. Wynn flinched as Nicole cackled. She chose not to verbally respond. She had always been a little thicker than most with her round bum and sizeable breasts. She was used to being teased for it. She had heard it all. There was nothing new Aaliyah or Nicole could say to shake her confidence or provoke a response from her. She focused on the screen of her laptop and silently prayed that they would go away if she didn't respond. Unfortunately, Aaliyah wasn't giving up that easily. "I haven't seen you around this week. Did Quad finally get rid of his stray?"

"Well, considering you two are still a couple, I guess not," Wynn muttered and immediately regretted it. She'd responded. Now they would never leave.

Aaliyah's eyes widened as Nicole gasped. "That's rich coming from someone like you. I had to give Luke a flea bath after he made the bad judgment call of dancing with you." Wynn rolled her eyes, but Nicole had more to say. "Oh, and next time you decide to grind your ill-shaped ass into my man, be prepared to lose a few chunks of weave."

Wynn slapped her hands on the table and looked up at the wicked sisters. "If I remember correctly, you were busy dancing the night away with someone who wasn't your boyfriend." She turned to Aaliyah. "And were you even there because I sure as hell didn't see you?" She crossed her arms over her chest. "I know you weren't around a couple of days later when Quad and I spent the whole day together." A smirk coated her lips.

Aaliyah's large nostrils flared. "You little bitch," she snarled. "You think you're important, but you're not. He only hangs out with you when I'm busy. You're a nonfactor in his life. You may have been his friend before, but I'm his girlfriend now. If you think you can knock me off this gravy train, then you've got another thing coming."

Wynn snorted with humor. "Gravy train? Oh, you're one of those girls who sees dollar signs and hangs on."

Aaliyah pursed her lips. "I might as well be a talent agent. I can always spot the worthiest ones."

"Do you scout while laying on your back?" Wynn countered. She didn't have time to waste with catty comments, but it was clear they weren't going away easily. So, she channeled her inner Dejah and dished back what she was served.

"Bitch!" Aaliyah shouted, drawing attention.

"Gold digger," Wynn spat.

Darryl reappeared wearing a wary expression. "Friends of yours?" He questioned looking to Wynn.

"Absolutely not."

"As if we would ever be friends with the likes of her," Nicole scoffed as if she was a cat with a hairball stuck in her throat. "She's a hanger-on nobody who's desperate to be us."

Wynn rolled her eyes as her mouth turned up. "You wish. I wouldn't stoop to your level if you paid me."

"You can't get on our level!" Nicole yelled as her eyes lowered in anger.