[000]

It's not hard to decide what you want your life to be about. What's hard, she said, is figuring out what you're willing to give up in order to do the things you really care about.

-----

-----

❝You're going to have to choose?❞

❝That's not fair!❞

❝Life isn't fair, which one is more important?❞

❝You guys are important to me, I grew up here and you're like my family.❞

❝Then stay here with us! How's it so hard to choose?❞

-----

Throughout your life you'll always be faced with making decisions. Some will be easy and some will be the hardest decision you will ever make. The decision you make can either make you a better person or drag you down to the depths of hell and back. If you were faced with a decision that would change your whole life, would you take it?

For Daniel, that was hard because he grew up knowing nothing about his family especially his father. Although he loved the shadowing world more than anything, he was unaware of the magic running through his veins. He didn't understand why these strange occurrences were happening. His mother warned him never to show his powers in public as people would not understand. He was brought up to believe that he was the only one of his kind and the last living member of his family line.

As Daniel gets older, he starts getting closer and closer to a certain guy by the name of Alec Lightwood. He soon starts to realize that he feels more than just a friendly love towards him. But when he starts having these recurring nightmares again, will that be enough to figure out the truth about his family and find out who his father really is? Or will the pressure of making this decision get to Daniel as he tries to balance figuring out his past and his new found feelings towards Alec?

Note from Jasper:

Yes I am well aware that they happen in two different time eras. Don't be afraid to comment, I'd love to hear your feedback on the story.