6. 'Run Bitch, Run'

Chapter 6

| Melody Hill | 

Safira had ran away at a rather high speed, and I tried to keep up with her. Both of us were still in our human forms, seeing as Safira had mumbled something about us being only weaker if we had shifted.

"Hurry- damn it!"

I give Safira a questioning look, something that she did not notice since she was too busy looking around.

To look for a way out for us.

"Fucking hell, things never work out the way you want to!" Safira rants. Her eyes are turning darker, and I was guessing that it was because of the frustration.

She slows down a bit, allowing me to catch up to her again.

"Thirty seconds, then turn left. Understood?!"

I didn't get any time to answer – or gesture that I understood, because the thirty seconds had already passed.

With approximately four meters between us, we kept running. My lungs started burning and I felt the panic rising. Afraid that I wouldn't be able to keep up with Safira anymore, and that she'd leave me behind.

Immediately I banish the negative thought out of my head. I wouldn't be making any progress, thinking like this.

"Girl, hurry up, for god sake!"

I only nodded hastily, and kept following Safira through the crowded streets of the village. The people were giving us curious glances with raised eyebrows, but both Safira and me didn't give them any attention.

A loud growl sounded from somewhere behind me, and I immediately push myself to run harder.

After about five minutes of running, we found ourselves leaving the village behind, running on a desolate forest path. Safira halted for a mere moment, and I gasped painfully, leaning over while placing my hands on my knees.

"Oh no, didn't think so!" Safira yells angrily as she grabs me by my hair. "I don't know about you, but I don't feel like being thrown into a dungeon just to be completely pummeled."

I stare at her, wide eyed. Where did I land myself into? What did she do, to be chased like this?

Safira sees the questions burning in my eyes, and startled, she lets go of my hair. Stuttering, she takes a few steps back.

"I-I, h-he... n-no!"

Tears well up in her eyes, and she bites her lip as she tries not to burst into tears. "You know nothing of it, okay?!" she sneers. She wipes the escaped tears off her face with her sleeve.

"I'm going to continue, if you want to come then that's up to you. You can also stay here, and see what will happen then," she growls, the emotions that were audible earlier on completely disappeared.

She stalks away, looking around warily from time to time. Sighing, I stood back up again, took another deep breath and ran after Safira.

The fear in her eyes was convincing me that I would rather not find out what we were running from at this moment.

Crack.

As if struck by lightning, I turn around. I look around the edge of the forest, knowing that I definitely heard something.

That I heard someone.

I shrug it off when I notice that I probably may have imagined it, and look forward again.

Where I thought Safira would be.

I walked a bit faster again, looking scared around me, trying to find a sign of Safira being near me.

But no, the only thing I saw were the trees.

The trees with the same characteristics from the horrifying stories for children about the Rogue.

Oh no.

My breathing becomes irregular when I realize where I really am.

How could I've been so stupid?

How could I not have noticed it?

I sigh, and comb with my hand through my long, blonde hair as I look around again.

A way out, that's what I have to find now. Before He finds out that someone came into His territory without His permission.

The moment I spot a small path, and want to walk towards it, I hear the sounds of twigs and leafs breaking.

I hold my breath, hoping for someone – or something – to save me.

I stand still, thinking this would help me in anyway, but the puff of warm breath in my neck suggests otherwise.

I immediately freeze up, not a single ounce of guts in my body that could will me to turn around and look Him in the eyes.

"What are you doing here?"

Goosebumps is spreading over my arms and legs, upon hearing that voice.

Warm flames glow in my stomach, and my cheeks are tinged with pink.

I open my mouth, trying to say something, but nothing but a small puff of air comes out.

"I asked you something!"

I cringe when hearing the anger in his voice, and a small sob of fear escapes my lips.

Flashbacks of my past appear in my head, and I quickly squeeze my eyes shut. Hoping I could keep the memories out of my head.

He grabs me by my arm rather harshly, and turns me around in one swift motion.

I keep staring at the ground, scared for what's coming next. Scared of how he would end my precious life.

"Look at me," he commands me with an angry voice, but I could sense a bit of curiosity in it.

I swallow, but I still do what he asks of me, slowly, I lift my head, my eyes tracing his body.

Not an ounce of fat in sight, only massive muscles.

My eyes reach his chin, and I don't go any further.

He ran out of patience and grabs me by my chin, something that emits pleasurable shocks throughout my body, and makes our eyes meet.

And that's the moment where my wolf, Hella, says just that one word.

'Mate.'

-----------

PLEASE READ MY NOTE BELOW!

As some of you may know; I have another profile. LerissaB. I've published my first English story on it (genre; chicklit/romance) and I would really appreciate it if you guys could check my story called Sweet Agony out. 

I've another Dutch werewolf story up on it, but that one is written in Dutch (will be posted in English any time soon) so if you guys follow me you will be notifed (looool idk how to write that word correct and I'm too tired to look it up).