Chapter seven (part 1)

Authors note.

Yep another chapter! What can I say I’m a fast typer and I’m on holidays! As I said an important decision will be made… but what? Read to find out!

I eased my Harley to a stop at the address that was on Blake’s business card. I looked up and up at the massive office building. This is his car company’s head quarters. It was the biggest buildings in the city of Perth.

I climbed off my Harley and a man came straight over, gulping at the sight of my baby. Obviously he was meant to park her but didn’t have any experience with motorcycles.

I guess with the looks that I was getting from the men and women in boring business suits, that no one shows up in anything but and a car worth at least $50000 at this place. Well my custom Harley is worth over $60 000, since she is custom made for me.

I grinned widely and told the waiting man to just wait with her, since I was going to be no mare than 20 minutes. He sighed in relief. I strolled up to the doors and the doorman opened them for me. It was almost like a very expensive hotel.

The thought of Blake being in the same building as me, my legs weakened and my heart raced.

Pull yourself together! Just hand him or if he is unavailable, his secretary the envelope that has the $10 573 he spent when we were together inside. I am no prostitute.

Before I picked up my Harley I went to the bank to draw out the exact amount he spent. That included my drinks at the bar, the hotel penthouse for a night, room service (that I didn’t even use), the wine (that I did take home… Dex would enjoy the two bottles we didn’t drink at the hotel) and the $100 he gave me for taxi money.

I took cash so he couldn’t rip up the check. I went to the lobby reception and asked which floor was his office, of course I knew it was the top floor, but I just wanted to make sure.

The lovely lady in her late forties, who introduced herself as Bethany Breal, said he was out having lunch with his sister. Perfect, I don’t have to bump into him and have an awkward conversation.

“You can tell his P.A that you need to see him and then you just wait. He may be another half an hour though.” She gave me a very warm smile as I thanked her. She also complemented me on my hair and eyes, and asked if the boots I was wearing came in bright orange.

I said yes and told her where to get them. I also gave her an estimate in the price.

“I got them six months ago. My friend Dex went passed a week or so ago and said they still cost around $850. But they last forever.” I gushed. I really love these boots.

“I don’t care about the price. I was at a loss for what to get my daughter for her 21st, and you just answered my prayers! So thank you.” She grinned widely at me.

“Well tell them Katharine sent you.” I really liked this lady. I took a mental note to call Donna the owner. We exchanged goodbyes and thank you and I went to the elevator.

Pressing the button for the top floor (Floor 54!) I waited for it to close and start its ascent. Pulling my phone from my back pocket I called Donna.

Stunning Style, Donna here. How can I help you?” came Donna’s cheery voice.

“Hey Donna, it’s Katharine.” I smiled into the phone.

“Katharine! I haven’t seen you in far too long. I take it you took a trip.” I could hear her smiling as well.

“Yeah. Hey, I have an order I need delivered ASAP. Can you do it?” I asked. I knew she could, this woman was amazing.

“Of course. What is it? Where is it to be delivered and to who?” she fired the questions at me, no doubt already having a pad of paper and pen ready.