Chapter five (part 2)

Author’s note.

Hey guys! Here is the second part of chapter five. Whenever I change point of views to someone besides Katharine, I will split the chapter into parts. This is because they are corresponding support for the main story. These changes in point of view, give you as the reader important information to help you understand the characters, their relationships and journey’s. so pay attention!!!

ENJOY :D

Katharine’s P.O.V

Shivers pull me from my peaceful sleep. Visions of Blake tantalise my dreaming mind, while my love for Eric fights for acknowledgment.

If I love Eric, why did I find such warmth and comfort in Blake’s arms? Why did I reach so many more heights with Blake in our lovemaking, than I ever had with Eric? Why did my heart feel light and my mind go hazy at the thought of what Blake did to me? And why, why do I hope he will do it again and again?

Why did my skin, my body and my lips ache for his touch now that he no longer occupies the bed with me?

Wait, what?

Turning on my side I search with my eyes and hands for Blake. As soon as I’m sure he isn’t in the bed I check the floor for his clothes. Mine are in a neat pile at the end of the bed but there is no evidence of Blake ever being here.

Bounding from the bed, stark naked, I run throughout the hotel suit in the hope that he has not left. Or at least for a sign that he was real and not my desperate minds’ attempt to salvage the pieces of my heart left by Eric and Amanda.

Was he real? Did he really hold me so lovingly, as if I was a treasure to be cherished? Why isn’t he here with me?

Gliding through the lounge room and into the kitchen I see the hotel keys, my purse and a note. My heart soared in my chest at the sight of the note. He was here, he was real. Blake…

I ran my eyes over the elegant male scrawl of the note. I read it over and over, my mind not accepting what was written in black and white.

Morning Katharine,

I have paid for the room and room service for you for today. Here is some money for a taxi to get you home. I had fun and I hope you did too. Thanks for the fuck.

Blake.

I read it again as my heart was ripped from my chest. Thanks for the fuck? Thanks for the Fuck! THANKS FOR THE FUCK! What the hell? Was that all it was? A fuck?

He had fun? Well as long as Blake had fun than my feelings didn’t matter, did they?

And who the fuck does he think I am? Some slut or whore? Well in that case I better bow down considering he went the extra miles with the penthouse, room service AND cab money! I am forever in his fucking debt!

It must be the alcohol that created these… feelings and expectations. And this hurting in my head and chest must be a really bad hangover. After all it was just a fuck, right?

But why do I feel so broken, so alone without him, if it was just the alcohol? If it meant nothing?

Quickly I showered and dressed and ran from the room. I took the elevator to the lobby and marched right up to the reception desk. There was a man there at the counter.

Good! at least that black haired bimbo didn’t latch her claws into Blak— stop it! It doesn’t matter if she did because he’s not yours!

“Hello.” I smiled at the man behind the counter. He was average looking, maybe 22. As soon as the word left my mouth and he saw me, I had his undivided attention.