Chapter 1

\|/ Ambers POV \|/

I walked down the corridor with a fake smile plastered on my face.

I've hidden my true feelings for two years now. After my dad left, everything changed. My mum started beating me and my friends decided to hate me.

I entered the class and sat in my usual seat at the back of the room. Looking up, I saw the people that I used to call my friends.

I remember the fun we used to have. We used to do everything together. We would all sleep over at someone's house, we would shop together, we would go out for ice cream together, but everything changed one night.

My dad left my mum for someone younger and prettier. The day he moved out, my friends decided that my family is broken and I'm not worthy of their friendship.

I looked down at the desk when I felt a tear roll down my cheek. I don't understand why they'd do that, but it really stings.

"Are you okay?" My teacher asked as she approached me.

"I'm fine." I lied, wiping away the tear and throwing in a small smile.

She nodded and walked away. It's that easy. No one thinks twice about me, but I'm glad they don't. I don't like attention.

I payed zero attention for the rest of the class. When the bell rang, I jumped a little bit. I hurried out of the room, stopping only to get my bag from my locker.

I left the building and sighed in relief when it was out of sight, yet in disappointment when I saw my house come into view.

I walked towards the place I'm supposed to call "home", as my hands started to shake in fear.

Ignoring the sick feeling in my gut, I opened the door.

"AMBER!" My mum called.

"Yes, Mum?" I answered as calmly as possible.

"We're out of food." She stated as I walked into the lounge.

"Would you like me to make a run tonight, Mum?" I asked sweetly. If I'm not as polite as possible, things go south real quick.

"Duh. I'll make a list. Go do your homework and start getting ready when the sun starts falling." She ordered.

"Yes, Mum." I ended the conversation by walking as quickly as possible, without getting in trouble of course, up the stairs and into my room.

I don't have a typical teenage girls room with a vanity mirror, a bed with pink covers, and pictures on the wall.

No, not even close.

I have a bed with grey covers, band posters covering my walls, a drum set in the corner, and clothes scattered around the floor. If you didn't know who lived here, you'd think it was a boys room.

"AMBER!" Mum yelled.

I walked down the stairs and entered the kitchen. "Yes, Mum?"

"Did you take my vodka?" She asked while clenching her fist.

This happens a lot. She gets drunk, drinks more, passes out, then blames me for taking the alcohol she drank while drunk because I guess she doesn't remember it.

"No, Mum." I said while swallowing the growing lump in my throat.

"Liar!" She declared while stumbling forward.

"Mum, I still have to make a run. I won't be able to if you hit me." I told her. I hope that I didn't sound fearful, but I know I probably did.

"As soon as you get back, your gonna wish you were dead. Go get ready while I finish the list." She smirked.

I nodded and fled to my room. I pulled out black skinnies, a black long sleeve sweatshirt, and my all black vans.

I put on black lipstick, dark makeup, (for effect, because I have to have some fun in life) and I pulled my hair into a low ponytail. I pulled on my black mask and headed downstairs.

"Grab 3 duffel bags. We need a lot of stuff." She told me.

I nodded, grabbed the bags and the list.

"Make sure you get everything." She told me sternly.

"Yes, Mum." I agreed.

"Hurry back." She ordered.

"Yes, Mum." I walked out the door with the bags in my hand and the list in my back pocket.

I threw the duffel bags over the fence in our back yard and climbed over it. I landed swiftly and approached the closed gas station. It's not open very often, it has no security, and it has all kinds of groceries.

After double checking that the shop wasn't open, I climbed on top of the dumpster and opened the little window. After throwing the bags in, I climbed through it.

I grabbed the bags and walked out of the girls restroom that the window led to.

I pulled the list out of my pocket and read over it. I've done this so many times that I can memorize it after one look.

I walked around and grabbed everything that I needed quietly.

I went to the alcohol section and grabbed all of the different kinds of beer and wine my mum wanted. She asked for 7 bottles of vodka. One thing I learned is that you never take a lot of something there is little of.

It would be obvious if I grabbed 7, but I decided 6 would be okay. I zipped up the bag and went back into the bathroom. Climbing over the sink, I gently placed the bags on the dumpster so the glass wouldn't break.

I climbed the rest of the way through and quickly made it to the fence.

I placed the bags on the ground and climbed over again.

"Mum! I'm home!" I called after I walked through the door.

"WILL YOU SHUT UP?!" She screamed.

I gulped and placed the bags on the filthy table and turned to face Mum.

"I got everything you asked for except one thing." I told her.

She smirked. "And what might that be?"

"There wasn't enough vodka for me to take all 7, so we're one bottle short." I explained as confidently as I could.

She didn't hesitate to smack me.

I put a hand to my stinging cheek and stared at her.

She yanked me away from the table by my hair and pushed me against the wall. She didn't say a word as she repeatedly punched my face. The second she released my hair, I fell to the ground. She kicked me a few times and walked back towards the table. I whimpered in fear as she once again walked in my direction.

"Go to your room, clean up, and get a bottle of vodka from the neighbors." She ordered. She's never made me get something from the neighbors.

I nodded and stood up. I held onto my stomach as it throbbed in pain while I took the journey to my room.

I looked at myself in the mirror and watched my eyes.

I don't know what it's called but I have this weird disease thing where my eyes change color and you can see it happen. They change colors at random times and they can go from bright blue to a dull brown in a matter of seconds.

Anyways, I change into a "Green Day" long sleeve shirt and washed my face.

The bruises were appearing quickly, but it would hurt too much to apply makeup.

I trotted down the stairs and then I realized something.

The house beside mine is where my favorite band stays when they aren't on tour.

5 Seconds of Summer.

Fuck.