Chapter 16 : Vulnerable

I awoke to the feel of emptyness. Where Lauren was once laying was now an empty space. I lazily got out of bed stretched and yawned quietly and looked down at my watch 9:45am it read. The sound of footsteps could be heard coming up the stairs I sat up on the bed and scratched my head. As the door slowly opened revealing the most beautifulest green eyes I had ever seen. "Hey sleepy head I was beginning to think you were going
into hibernation" she said smiling at me giving me an unexpected kiss. She tasted like strawberries With her unusual good mood I decided not to bring up last night unless she brought it up first. For some odd reason, I was incredibly tired well exhausted is more like it Lauren gently ran her fingers through my hair a smile crossed her face god she was so beautiful when she smiled.. the sudden sound of a tea kettle whistle broke me from my hypnosis of staring into those eyes of hers "teas ready be right back!" She exclaimed hopping off of the bed and running down stairs. I yawned,stretched and plopped back down on the bed I wasn't ready to move just yet. After a few minutes had passed, I heard footsteps once again climbing the stairs and in walked Lauren once again carrying a tray. My eyebrow raised in curiosity as to the contents on the tray. A bowl,spoon, and hot tea hmm what was she up to I thought to myself "What's that?" I ask curiously as she placed the tray on the nightstand beside me. "It's chicken Noodle and hot tea with lemon and honey" she replied looking at me with a blank stare still highly curious as to exactly why she would bring me this I stared at the bowl of piping hot soup "Shit forgot the crackers be right back" she said as she hopped up once again and ran downstairs to the pantry. I sat up in bed and rubbed the back of my neck my body was a bit sore,muscles ached a little and my throat was a bit scratchy all of which I hadn't noticed until now. Lauren entered the room once again and sat in a chair beside the bed I watched as she opened the small package containing 10 Ritz Crackers she put one to my mouth "eat" she politely demanded I did as I was told and opened my mouth a little and took a small bite and began chewing slowly. " You look like crap" she explained with a smirk on her face "Yeah I feel like it as well" I responded then it dawned on me "Wait how'd you know I wa-" "I felt your forehead while you were asleep you were burning up and sweating" she replied cutting my sentence off she placed the spoon into the bowl pulling up broth peices of chicken and noodles I opened my mouth and she placed it in. "Mmm this is delicious did  you make this?" I asked with furrowed brows "mhm" was her only reply as she held the spoon back up to my mouth I took more in. "I've gotta study" I said attempting to remove my aching body from the bed. I was forcefully stopped by a hand on my chest. "Um no you don't your sick today you stay in bed and rest" she said placing the spoon back into the bowl. The spoon clanked against the porcelain edge."Lauren it'll pass I'm fine hm just let me" "I said No!" She shouted causing me to jump and stare with widened eyes at her. "No, you stay here and rest" she retorted the crazy look in her eyes dared me to challenge her on this.. I decided not to and lay back down. "You barley touched your soup" she said giving me an odd look. "Yeah I'm feeling kinda queasy" I replied but I was lying. "Well.. get some rest I'll be back to check on you later" she said giving me a kiss and walking out of the room with the tray. After I was sure that she was gone. I hopped out of bed and peeked through the opening of the door only to see Lauren standing there looking at me "JESUS FUCK! don't do that" I screamed and clutched my chest "need something?" She asked with a raised eyebrow. "Yes um" I had to think quickly "the tea,the tea" I said quickly "my throats a little soar I figured it would help" I said my voice a bit shaky "anything else?" She asked staring me down her Green Eyes refusing to blink her staring at me like that kinda made me feel really uneasy but I brushed it off. "No,No I'm fine now" I said as Lauren walked down the stairs her eyes never left mine something felt wrong.. a little off about her and I was starting to have second thoughts.

A/N Short update but I hope you all like it because the this will be THE last normalcy that you will see in Lauren somethings happened and things are about to ge really freaky n crazy