Chapter 15: Reconcile/ The Truth

A/N this chapter has been proofread and edited.

I awoke to a brain splitting headache and quickly sprung to my feet. "Lauren!,Lauren!" I yelled as I ran through the house I quickly ran back to the front door which was still wide open Lauren's car was still in the driveway, so I quickly bolted up the stairs to her room. "LAUREN!" I shouted as loud as I could as I neared the entrance of her doorway but no answer I burst into her room and there she was laying sprawled out on the bed her lips were turning purple and she appeared to be gasping or choking. "holy shit!,holy shit" lauren!! " jesus fuck! " I yelled snatching her from the bed to perform CPR, her body was limp and she had a weak pulse "Lauren!! Fucking breathe baby breathe" "I gave her a few breathes once again with no reaponse "baby please please breathe fuck! " I shouted I picked up the phone to dial 911 but my battery had died "god damnit!!" "Breathe godamnit!! Please baby!!" I tried again I quickly glanced around the room only to see prescription pills strewn over the floor. I knew then what I had to do. I picked Lauren's limp body up and headed to the bathroom I flipped the toilet seat up grabbed a tooth bush and gently placed it down her throat suddenly she came to life gasping, gagging and soon she began to vomit into the toilet I held her hair back as she did so everything came up including the pills she had taken quite a few but luckily none had digested yet after she was finished I walked her to the sink and had her drink a few sips of water I turned her towards me and held her face in my hands her body felt unsteady so I held her up "you scared the shit out of me do you hear me don't ever do that again please" I kissed her head softly and sat her down as I ran a warm bath I turned back to check on her only to see that she was in a daze staring down at the floor I knelt down before her and gently lifted her chin "are you ok" I asked looking into her pale green eyes I saw a tear roll down her cheeks "yeah" she replied hoarsely her voice barely audible. I ran my fingers through her long dark hair she tilted her head back and then towards me "listen to me, I am so so sorry for what happened to you for what he did to you I promise you I won't ever leave you again ok I promise you" I said in a sincere tone. tears began to fall from her eyes as they turned a lighter shade of green and grey "please don't leave me alone again" she begged "please don't ever leave me" she began crying into my shoulder I kissed her head and tried to calm her as best I could. "let's get you in the bath and to bed ok" I cooed gently she nodded her head and began to remove her clothes I helped her into the tub and I sat on the edge. I grabbed a rag and gently poured water over her shoulders she sat in silence we both didn't know what to say to one another. I knew that Lauren was now at her most vulnerable point, her most fragile.

*time forward*

I helped Lauren out of the bathtub,dried her off and helped her change into fresh clothes she was still very weak so I got her in bed and ran downstairs to the kitchen to make her Chicken Noodle Soup even though she had gotten sick, she needed to put something in her stomach. I walked back into Lauren's room with a tray in my hands she slowly sat up as I sat in a chair beside her. She looked at the soup and winced "I know you dont want to but please Lauren you have to eat something" she closed her eyes slowly nodded her head her fingers gliding through her hair flipping it to one side. I raised the spoon up to her mouth she was reluctant at first "please baby just a little" I begged . She opened her mouth and allowed me to feed her. She only took four bites and she pushed the tray away. I watched as she slowly sank down into the bed and lay motionless a blank stare crossed her face I walked back down to the kitchen and emptied the remaining contents of the bowl into the trash and washed the tray and utinsils before placing them back into their proper areas. I started back up the stairs to Lauren's room I noticed that she had fallen asleep although I didn't want to leave her alone I figured she needed time to recover from her near death situation I walked over to her side and gently covered her up I shut the light off next to her bed and turned on my heels to exit the room when I felt her soft hand take mine. "Please stay with me, I don't want to be alone tonight" her words came out as a soft whisper. I moved to the opposite side of the bed and lay down slowly I didn't want to stir her much as I lay on my back I feel her Scoot close to me her arm wrapped tightly around my waist her head buried itself in the crook of my neck. I reached over and carresed her back. "I love you" she whispered. "I love you too" I replied Lauren raised her head and our eyes met in an instant stare. Lauren gently ran her hand across my face and our lips touched softly at first thwn a bit more intensley until she pulled back breaking the kiss full on she lay her head back into the crook of my neck I noticed her breathing had gotten shallow and she was asleep. I lay wide awake thinking about her ordeal when she was 17 and anger filled my mind my thoughts raced it was in that very moment that I realized she was a damaged soul she was vulnerable ,she was weak, and she needed to be protected.. protected from her father who sadly and unfortunately was my boss..