"What do you mean?" Artemis asked, eager to know something that Dr. Raven was wrong about.

"This clip is set to go off, he wasn't bluffing, but only if it is unclipped. We can cut it out of her hair." Foaly said excitedly. Such a simple solution, but still risky. Artemis had thought of this himself, but was too afraid to examine the barette for himself to see if it would actually work. Now that he had a professional's opinion, he was ready and willing to get rid of the doctor once and for all.

"Quickly Butler, get the scissors." Artemis ordered with excitement. After they found Dr. Raven, all they had to do was interrogate him until he gave up the antidote to Zoey's condition, which wouldn't be a problem as long as Butler was doing the interrogation, especially with a little help from Holly's mesmer... Butler quickly returned with the scissors, also looking forward to pummeling the miserable creature who almost murdered his own flesh and blood.

"Let me do it." Butler suggested to the others. "She is my daughter, after all." Neither Foaly nor Artemis wished to get in the way of Butler, who was no doubt furious at Dr. Raven, and had a potentially deadly weapon in his grasp, so they stepped aside and allowed him to pass through into the bedroom and stop beside Zoey's bed. Even Holly stepped back from them, walking over to join Foaly and Artemis by the door.

Though Butler could not place why, he was very nervous cutting the barette out of Zoey's hair. His hand was almost trembling and he was afraid that he might cut her instead of the hair. To get it over with quickly, he took a large snip of the scissors to her hair and watched as the tuft fell to the bed along with the blinking barette. The room erupted in cheerful rejoice once the red light on the clip went out abrubtly.

"You shouldn't have done that." The barette spoke from the bed, ending the short-lived celebration. Butler resisted the sudden urge crush the device under his boot and silence Raven once and for all, but they still needed to know how to cure Zoey of her nightmares.

"And why not?" Foaly asked haughtily, still prideful after his genius revelation in saving Zoey's life and foiling Dr. Raven's plans. He was answered by Zoey, who was suddenly jerked upright by some unseen force, her eyes glowing a bright, unnatural blue. These eyes projected a hologram of a man standing beside the bed, and Artemis could tell that it was a very sophisticated hologram. The man whom it showed looked to be in his mid thirties, with slick blond hair and thick glasses. He wore a sterile, white labcoat and carried what looked like a simple recording device. No one in the room doubted that this was the dreaded Dr. Trevor Raven.

"Hello, Artemis. It's wonderful to see you in person, though I am merely a hologram." Raven's hologram said to Artemis. He clenched his fists in fury and shouted at the hologram,

"What have you done to her? Is she dead?" The man chucked in an amused manner, as if he had anticipated the question from Artemis in the first place.

"No, you were right. She was not even going to die in the first place." He answered, and Artemis was worried about the gleeful way Raven was admitting that Artemis was right. "I thought that you might think of a simple solution such as cutting the barette out of her hair, so the transmitter implanted in her brain set this off after the barette went a certain ways away from her. It was all planned."

"Well, he was smarter than we gave him credit for." Foaly muttered.

"Indeed I am." Dr. Raven replied smugly.

"So then you wouldn't mind telling us why you know the LEP's secrets?" Foaly returned, causing the doctor to chuckle again.

"Simple really," He chimed in his know-it-all voice that annoyed Artemis to a great extent, even though he knew that many a time he had the same voice. "I've been employed."