06. He Killed It⎨Thomas⎬

This is part two to "Broken Bones & Stupid Decisions"

Your POV

"No one survives a night in the maze," You say, "Especially not me and Alby."

Thomas looked at you in fear, then his eyes traveled to your poorly splinted ankle. He stands up and walks over towards you, Alby and Minho.

"What happened?"

"We ran into a Griver. Alby got stung. I tripped and I guess I broke my ankle," You replied looking into his amber brown eyes.

"We need to move," Minho said, "Grievers will be out soon. If we get out of here and keep moving we might have a very small chance at surviving."

"Alright," You reply looking at Thomas, "Help me up?"

He stands up and holds out his hand for you to take. You reach up and grab his hand. He pulls you up and you once again have to bite your lip in attempt to not yell out in pain. You hold onto his arm for support as you try your best to regain your balance and become less dizzy.

"You okay?" He asks looking you in the eyes. You nod your head in response and turn to help Minho get Alby off the ground.

✱✱✱

You, Thomas and Minho were carrying Alby through the long corridors that made up the maze. You were exhausted and felt like you couldn't go any further. You trip over your good foot and fall to the ground. Minho and Thomas instantly stop and set Alby down gently against the wall of the maze.

"You good?" Minho asks as you turn over and sit with your back against the wall next to Alby. You nod in reply.

"Ther-There's got to be somewhere where we can put him and let Y/N rest until morning," Thomas states. You and Minho both look at him like he's crazy because he honestly is for thinking something like that.

Minho seemed to snap as he grabbed Thomas by the shirt and pushed him up against the wall, "Look around, shuck. There's no where to go."

You grab the fabric of Minho's pants and slightly tug them, gently telling him to lay off of the poor kid. Thomas looks at you and you see what almost looks like concern in his eyes. You sigh trying to think of something you can do to try and survive the rest of the night.

"I've got an idea," Thomas suddenly says.

✱✱✱

Next thing you know you're tying vines securely around Alby so that you can hang him up against the walls in attempt to hide him from the Grievers. You sigh as you tie your last knot extra tight and move over slightly. Thomas and Minho then begin to propel him up the wall.

A few minutes later Alby is pretty close to the top when you hear a clicking noise around the corner. Minho looks around the corner and begins to get really nervous. You instantly know what it is and you also know that there is no way to escape it unless you run, and there was no way you were running anywhere.

"No, c'mon Minho stay with me," Thomas said firmly, "Just a little further."

"I'm sorry Greenie," Minho whispers before taking off. Both you and Thomas start yelling at him as he continues to run down the corridor. You notice the vine slipping out f Thomas' hands. You stand up as quickly as you can and rush over to help him get Alby up just a little further.

"Alright that should be good," Thomas whispers. Suddenly a loud screeching noise comes from just around the corner. You turn and look at Thomas complete fear taking over, "Quickly, hide under the vines."

You nod at him. He quickly helps you get back over to the wall. You get down on the ground and hide behind the vines. Thomas follows behind you and crawls under the vines with you. Both you and Thomas practically stop breathing when the Griever walks by you.

Once you hear the Griver get completely past, you and Thomas let out the breath you were holding in. "Oh my god," You shudder quietly, "It just walked right past us. Why did it-"

Thomas cut you off by putting his finger over your lips. "I'm going to distract it. I want you to stay right here," He whispers barely audible.

"No, Thomas. You can't," You try to reason with him, but he was already gone. Seconds later you hear the Griever screeching and Thomas yelling as he runs away.

✱✱✱

What seems like years later you hear Minho and Thomas yelling not to far away. Minho yells at Thomas to keep running and not look back. Then suddenly it's absolutely silent. More and more tears slide down your cheeks as the worst scenarios play in your head.

You stayed under the vines, crying for a long time. Suddenly something swipes the vines away causing you to close your eyes and scream. Your screaming is cut off by some one pulling you in for a hug. You pull back and see that Thomas was in fact hugging you.

"You-You're okay," You gasp out, "H-How did you loose the Griever?"

"He didn't just loose it," Minho said pausing for effect, "He killed it."

Watching The Maze Runner now just because it's perfect ❤️

I really enjoyed writing these imagines. I could maybe make a book based off of them. Idk?