04. Broken Bones & Stupid Decisions⎨Thomas⎬

You have been in the Glade for a few months. When you first got here you were a little confused as to why you were the only girl, but you soon realized that it didn't matter, the only thing that mattered was getting out of the maze. You worked for a few months as a Med-Jack, but you knew that wasn't for you. You wanted to be a runner, and apparently Minho saw something in you and decided to train you to become a runner.

A few months later and you were out on a run with Minho and Alby after Ben had gotten stung. You had just gotten a new Greenie a day ago and Ben ended up attacking him. Apparently he said that he had seen the the Greenie before and that everything was all his fault. You did feel a sense of familiarity when you were around him and since you saw him you had been trying to remember where you had seen him before.

You weren't paying attention when it happened, but the next thing you know, you're running from a Griever. Minho began pushing you to run faster. You quickly went around a few corners trying to loose the Griever in the maze but it wasn't working. The next thing you hear is a scream. You turn around as you continue running, but you end up tripping and falling to the ground.

When you look back you see Minho kneeling on the ground next to Alby you knew that something was definitely wrong. When you try to stand up you end up falling back to the ground. You yell out in pain as you realize something is definitely wrong with your ankle. You start to drag yourself back to Minho and Alby.

"Wh-Where'd the Griever go?" You asked looking around the maze in an attempt to find the Griever.

"It stung Alby and left. I don't know what's going on. Something's not right," Minho replied.

"What? Why would it do that? We need to get out of here," I said locking eyes with Minho. He nodded in reply.

"I don't know how we're going to do that. Alby's passed out and your ankle looks like it's broken."

You looked down at your ankle and saw the large bruise around it. You sat up and pulled your small backpack off your back. You pulled out a white gauze that you had packed and placed it on the ground. You then crawled over to the wall and snapped a couple of dried up pieces of vine off of the wall. You put both pieces on the side of your ankle and asked Minho to hold the sticks against your ankle as you wrapped the gauze around it.

"Okay, that's not the best splint, but it might help out a little bit. C'mon help me up," You said. Minho got up and helped you onto your feet. You tried your hardest not to yell out in pain but as you put pressure on your ankle a pain jolted through your leg that mad you think that something much worse than a broken was wrong with it. You bit down on your lip to stop it, but it didn't help, "It's okay. I've got it. Let's get Alby up."

You and Minho grabbed him and pulled him up. You began to walk back towards the door, but the second you took a step it felt like you were going to pass out. You stopped walking for a second in attempt to push the pain away and continue.

"It's almost time for the doors to close. We're not that far away, but at the pace we're going we'll just barely make it. I'm sorry, but that means we can't take to many stops," Minho said.

"It's fine let's just get going."

✱✱✱

You hand been walking for about 15 minutes and you were a few turns away from the Glade, but the gates were about to close any minute.

"Do you think we'll make it?" You asked looking at Minho.

"We have to," He replied. You knew you had to make it back but your ankle was killing you. You weren't sure how much longer you could walk. You knew you had to keep going, you had to do it for Alby and for Minho.

✱✱✱

Thomas' POV

They should've been back by now. It's almost time for the doors to close and Minho, Alby and Y/N aren't back yet. All of the Gladers were standing in front of the doors waiting for the three of them to return. Suddenly the doors began to close. I looked over at Newt and saw the same fear in his eyes that I felt.

"Look! There they are!" Someone shouted. I looked into the maze and saw Minho and Y/N walking on either side of Alby holding him up. Something was definitely wrong. Not only were they holding Alby up, but Y/N was limping as well.

"No. Something's not right," I replied. Everyone then began to cheer them on, and encourage them to move faster. They were too far away. There was no way that they would make it, especially at the pace they're going. Everything seemed to go in slow motion as the doors got closer and closer to shutting. Without thinking I began running into the maze, I felt Newt try to grab my arm and stop me, but I kept going.

"Thomas, no!" Newt shouted.

I continued to run even though the door was pushing firmly against my body as I neared the end. I slipped out of the gap right as it closed. I quickly turned around and my eyes locking with Y/N's.

"Good job, Greenie," Minho said, "You just got yourself killed."

My eyes widened, "What?"

Should I make a part two for this one??