Lazar Petrova

Hey all!

This chapter will be a bit different, it'll be giving a lot of background for the next book and will be in 3rd person POV.

Enjoy!

***

Katerina skipped down the steps merrily for breakfast. She greeted her mother with a kiss and nodded her head towards her father before beginning the blessing. As they ate, a conversation began in regards to Lazar's close friend Aros, who was Hungarian and a witch. Lazar was a traveler, but of course refused to let any of his children do magic.

Lazar and Aros had a close bond in which the two thrived- Lazar offered the protection of the tribe and allowed them to use his land for rituals, and in return Aros gave the man magic aid in times of need.

Katerina was a curious young girl and had her eye set on a young warlock in Aros' tribe. Little did she know, the warlock also had his eye on her. Katerina was a beauty and wanted by many suitors, but to Lazar's dismay, she always turned the other cheek and refused any man who was not the warlock, who's name was Asglos.

As Asglos and Katerina began to build a friendship, it soon developed into something more; but sadly they would not be allowed to have a relationship. Asglos was expected to marry a young witch named Andromeda, who was a green eyed beauty. She deeply loved Asglos, but as it has been told he never returned the affection because of Katerina.

"It saddens me that you are betrothed to another," Katerina said. "If not for Andromeda we could be happy." Asglos agreed with this. Andromeda was oblivious to the warlock's love for the girl, and often talked about what would occur when they would be married. Katerina and Asglos soon began an affair.

They would often be intimate when Aros' tribe would stay on their land, but little did they know, one night they were caught by Andromeda. Because this made her furious, as Asglos would do a spell to prevent any pregnancy that could occur in Katerina, Andromeda blocked it. Lazar and Aros soon found out that Katerina was indeed pregnant, but refused to admit who impregnated her for fear of Asglos' life. One night while she was sleeping, Katerina was kidnapped and taken to the camp to do a ritual and figure out just who the father of Katerina's child was. To Andromeda's pleasure, she was the one to do the ritual. Once she did, a smile crept onto her face and she looked at Katerina with hatred before speaking out the name of the father.

"Asglos."

As predicted, Asglos was sentenced to death. He told Katerina that he didn't care what happened to him, as long as their child would be safe from the hands of the Tribe. He knew what would happen to his child- he would be used for a ritual to restore the balance of nature, because in their eyes a cross between a Hungarian witch and a human or any other species was considered an abomination. Andromeda was satisfied, although she did not know what was to come for her.

Soon Asglos spoke to Aros about the spell he did each time on Katerina.

"I swear to you my Lord," he said pleadingly, "this pregnancy was setup by another witch."

Aros found out that it was true. Andromeda was the cause of Katerina's pregnancy, and she too would be sentenced to death. She begged and cried for hours to be released, claiming she only did it to expose the crimes Katerina and Asglos were committing. But each time she begged Aros to let her go, he simply said:

"It was not your place to expose them."

As the fate of Asglos and Andromeda grew nearer, the birth of Katerina's child did as well. They would take place at the same time- when Katerina went into labor, Andromeda and Asglos would be executed.

Soon the time came. Katerina was nine months pregnant and as she went into labor, she was taken out to the field and the witches did a ritual to ensure the survival of Katerina- Aros wanted her to live with the shame in return for the death of one of his children. As her labor progressed, Asglos watched as he witnessed the birth of their child. As Katerina gave the final push and Asglos saw his daughter for a split second, his head was severed from his body, as was Andromeda's.

Katerina watched this in horror, but there was nothing she could have done for him. She had bigger concerns- she needed to live up to her promise of keeping her daughter safe from the witches. She took a sword and aimed it at Lazar's heart, threatening to kill her own father.

"Give me my child and let me go or I will murder him." She said, her eyes menacing and cold. She was no longer Katerina Petrova, the sweet peasant girl, she was now a dangerous woman who had just seen her lover killed in front of her very eyes.

Fearful of breaking their bond, Aros agreed to give the child to Katerina in exchange for one thing- that she never show her face again to Aros or Lazar. She agreed, took her child, and left hastily. She feared that the Tribe would still take her sweet daughter, so she took her to a nearby village and gave them her child before fleeing to England, quickly assimilating herself into the traditions of the British.

And of course, she met Niklaus Mikelson and his brother Elijah.

She was turned into a vampire.

And thus, with her rebirth into a deadly creature of the night, Katherine Pierce, the stone cold, heartless woman was born.

And after finding her entire family dead, she left and never looked back.

***

Yes, I know it's pretty short, but this is just a brief history that will all be crucial to the next installment of this series, and you guys also got an update like 20 minutes ago.

I hope you enjoyed this backstory involving Katherine's father and the involvement of the Hungarian witches.

Keep your eyes peeled for the next update, it shall be up sooner than you think.