The Burden and Revelations of One Choice

Hey Guys!!!

So, there's going to a lot of shifting between POV's during this chapter, I want to explain where the characters are at this point other than Damon, Elena, Evie, and Christian.

Enjoy!!!

Around 15 minutes after I wake up, I begin making waffles. I let Damon continue sleeping, but Caleb runs down the stairs. "Morning Mama!"

"Good morning, my little Salvatore." I kiss his head and he hugs my leg as I cook breakfast. "Can I have whipped cream?"

"Of course you can. You can have strawberries, blueberries, and whatever you'd like." I tickle him and he laughs. We fall onto the floor and he keeps laughing. The sound warms my heart and soothes my worries.

My son is the thing keeping me alive.

I begin making waffles again, and Damon still hasn't made an appearance. "Why don't you go wake your Daddy up?" He nods and runs upstairs. I put the bowl in the sink before leaning over to put the waffle maker back in its place. "Well isn't that a sight for sore eyes." I straighten myself and turn around. "You're an arrogant asshole."

"Yes I am." He pecks me on the lips and I roll my eyes, trying to fight a smile. I make Caleb's waffles and Damon smiles. "Ooh, are those for me?" I laugh. "You wish." I put them down in front of Caleb and he smiles. "Thank you, Mama!" Damon looks at me curiously. "What? I'm emotionless, not irresponsible." He chuckles. "Did you really think you'd fool me, Elena?" He backs me against the counter. "Fool you? I don't know what you're talking about." He smiles and kisses me. "When did you decide to turn it back on?"

"I didn't-" he laughs. "You're a bad actress, Elena. I've known since last night. I heard your goodnight speech to Caleb." I stare up at him. "I'm so sorry... Everything spun out of control... Nobody can know yet. Just me, you, and Caleb. Klaus can't know. He'll use it against me." He nods. "I know. I'm just so happy you're back." I bite my lip and I smile. "Me too." He kisses me, and I wrap my arms around his neck tightly. "I love you, Damon." He smiles bigger than I've ever seen. "I love you too." He kisses me again and I sigh against his lips. "Eww!!! Daddy, stop eating Mama's face!" Damon laughs and goes over to him. "Why don't you take your waffles into the living room and watch cartoons?"

"YAY!!!" He turns back to me and smirks. "Since I am officially the bad one in this marriage again," I raise an eyebrow, "where were we?" He lifts me up onto the counter and kisses me. I tangle my fingers in his hair and he moves down to my neck. "Why hello there, BonBon." I flash my best emotionless smile, then I jump off. "Way to ruin the moment." She rolls her eyes. "Everyone's here." We nod and I wave at her with all of my fingers. She rolls her eyes before exiting the kitchen and a pang of hurt hits my chest. "I know this'll be hard. But until Klaus is dead, we can't risk anything." He kisses me, his lips crashing against mine in a fit of passion and love. Despite everything I've done in the last few years, he still loves me nonetheless.

We head into the living room and Evie avoids my eyes. I bite my lip as guilt tears through me like fire. I see Tyler sitting on the couch, his head hung low. I haven't seen him since... Oh god, Ariana. Damon looks at me looking at Tyler and then hurt spreads across his face. "Oh god... I forgot..." I nod and erase everything from my face. Kath and Stefan look at me cautiously, and the same with Christian. He holds Evie close to him protectively. "Damon, I can't do this." He looks at me and squeezes my hand. "You got this." I shake my head and tears burn in the back of my eyes. He pulls me away from the room as I begin hyperventilating and crying. He pulls me into him. "Shh... I know, baby. I know." He kisses my head and I cry against his chest. "I said... Oh my god... Evie... Kath, Stefan... Sam and Jules, I-I... Damon, what've I done?"