Christmas Cookies and A Tall Glass of Drama

Wow, I honestly didn't think I'd get it done in time! But, as promised, here is the new chapter, courtesy of my new laptop!

Merry Christmas guys, enjoy the chapter!!

***

I head downstairs to see Elena decorating cookies with Evie. It's been a few months since we compelled her to forget everything, and Christian is still pissed. But it's around the holidays, so things are merry and bright.

I answer the door at the sound of a knock and Tyler stands there. "Where's my sister?"

"Christmas shopping. I'm here to see you." I let him in. We sit down on the couch. "I know you don't like me very much-"

"I'd rather you date my sister than Klaus. But no, I'm not too fond of you." He nods. "Before my mom died, she told me that when I find a girl I want to spend forever with, to give her this," he opens a box. It reveals a ring I saw on Carol Lockwood's finger. Her wedding ring. "What the hell is this? Why are you here, Tyler?"

"I never, even for a second, wanted to give this to Caroline. I love Ariana. You're her brother, someone she's closest to. I won't propose without your permission."

"Why? Why does what I have to say matter? Ari's not my daughter, she's my sister."

"And I know how protective you are over her." I nod.

"What if I don't want you to marry my sister?"

"Then I'll do anything to prove to you that I'm worthy of her." I run a hand through my hair. "If you hurt her, I swear to god I'll kill you."

"I won't. I love her way too much for that to happen." I nod then I sit back and laugh. "Dude, you remind me of Christian." He laughs a little. "My sister's happier than I've ever seen her. As long as she's happy, I'm happy. You can propose." He smiles. "Thanks Damon." I nod at him. I head in the kitchen and Elena smiles at me. "Who was at the door?"

"Tyler." She cocks her head at me. "Why didn't he come say hi?"

"He was here to see me, shockingly."

"For what?" I smile at her. "You'll find out soon." She pouts and I laugh. "C'mon pouty. You'll find out." She sighs. "Fine."

"Now to business. What the hell are we getting our kids for Christmas?" I ask. "I already have something for Evie and Christian. I don't even know if Sam and Jules are coming..." I cock my head at her. "Why wouldn't they?"

"I don't know... We just haven't seen them in forever. They haven't called or anything." The door opens.

"C'mon, Mom. You really think I'd miss Christmas?" She smiles and wraps our son in a hug. She suddenly grabs his ear. "Where the hell have you been, Samuel Grayson?"

"Ow! Mom we've just been busy, ow ow ow!" She lets go and sighs. "Never again. Don't ever do that again." He nods. "I won't, just take it easy on me Mama." She sighs then Juliette comes inside with one hand on a growing baby bump. Wait... Growing baby bump? "Samuel Grayson Salvatore why the hell didn't you tell us Jules is pregnant?"

"I figured Mom would tell you." Elena clamps her eyes shut and bites her lip. "Honey, can we talk in the kitchen?" She nods in defeat and follows me into the kitchen. "Why the hell didn't you tell me?" I ask her calmly. She looks at the floor and never makes eye contact with me. "Elena. Why didn't you tell me that our son is having our grandchild?" She swallows anxiously. "I'm not going to come up with some excuse that'll get you more pissed at me than you already are. I'm not stupid Damon, I know that's what you were waiting for." I shake my head. "Why the hell would you keep something like this from me? He's my son too!"