The Death of Kaito Yuma

"Natsu, can you please come here?" She padded up beside me and stood on her tiptoe to look out over the weapons I had laid out onto the spreadsheet of names and faces. "Should we kill Kaito Yuma or Takomi Ren today? Yuma has a past history of sexual offenses and has always gotten off because of his status as a famous scientist, on the other hand Ren has abused his workers and has 3 sexual offenses against him, although he has gone to jail for one of them." Nasty tapped her chin and scrunched up her face thinking, her orange hair was falling out of the smaller piggy tails I had put in her hair that morning and her golden brown eyes were closed in thought. She smiled and looked up at me pointing her finger towards the piggish man that is Kaito Yuma.

"Kaito Yuma. He has a mean face." She picked up his face card and stuck out her tongue at it. Her reasoning was strange but yes it should be Kaito Yuma, he might have a link to the sex trade industry with this many offenses, he would be a very interesting specimen to interrogate. 

"He has multiple records of heart problems and is prone to hallucinating vividly enough to have given himself cardiac arrest at one point in his disgusting life. We could scare him to death, what do you think?" Natsu nodded and smiled again.  

" Ms Yachi?" 

"Yes kid?" I put down the picture of his face and grinned.

"Is it okay if I make friends with the other kids who live here?" My breath caught in my throat. Natsu would need friends, but what if the parents wanted to meet me? That couldn't happen.

"Hm, well you have to remember your training as a spy do you remember it? We have to keep our little mission here a secret otherwise your friends would take you away from me. But of course you are very smart Natsu so I'll allow it. They can't ever come over and if their parents say anything about meeting me say I'm very sick and can't see anyone at the time." That should suffice for now, if I'd only been careful with my explosives Natsu could have a happy childhood, but she'd have to stay with me now. 

"Okay Ms Yachi i'll remember!" She gave my leg a quick hug and ran off outside tripping on her dress slightly as she ran.  Poor kid doesn't have a clue what I'm actually doing. 

"Now for you, Kaito Yuma, how would you like to die?" I grabbed my bag from the floor and pulled out the many reports I had on the men I'd kill. He wouldn't be hard to kill, a simple scare or stab could easily take him out, but I'm a bit of a theatrical person and bombs? They were always a good way to express your hate. 

*later that day*

"Natsu hand me the rope please." I was packing the ragged bag I used for weapons and the such for my 'adventure',  as I often called it. I had planned on attacking Yuma silently, I would wait till he was asleep and break in. Placing my toxin bombs around the house. After he'd have breathed the toxins into his lungs, I'd break back in and clear his veins of the toxin with a serum I'd concocted. The perfect plan really, the only way they'd find the toxin is if they scrapped at the insides of his lungs.  

"Ms Yachi I made a friend today." I paused and sighed, a friend, she was going to start questioning my actions soon, I knew she would eventually. Her friend would mention something dark and say how bad it was and Natsu would disagree saying something ever darker, shed have to leave me then, and I wouldn't be able to complete my mission. This friend would be dangerous. 

"Whats their name?" I smiled down at Natsu as if I had no cares in the world. 

"Saika Momo! She's really pretty and nice, and said she liked my hair," Natsu was tugging at her hair and smiling happily, good. She deserves a friend to make her happy. "She even gave me a nickname, 'Natty' isn't it nice?" 

"Thats a very nice name, but we should get going Natsu." I grabbed the bag and slipped it over my shoulders, I tied up my short blonde hair, putting my beanie over it and put in my coloured contacts to ensure my identity, I don't know why I don't show them my face it wouldn't make a difference. I guess it adds to the aura I give off. Maybe. "Natsu you will be my little spy tonight, I need you to be on the look out for anyone who could be a cop or someone coming to Mr. Kaitos house got it? And if anyone tries to grab you," a smile spread across my face, "fight like hell." She nodded fiercely and put on her 'brave face' as she called it, she puffed out her chest and grabbed her coat, turning stiffly and running out the building. That girl won't be blinded for much longer, but I needed her to be my little spy. If  only I had more time.

  I walked into the brisk fall wind and staggered a bit, this feeling on my face wouldn't last long but I wanted to savor it as much as I could. There was an owl somewhere, I wish I could have searched for it like I wanted to. And there was a cricket in the grass, I wish I could have captured it and named it. Somewhere out there was a nice warm bed and meal. I wish I could have had that as well. No, Yachi that life is someone else, I told myself. I needed to tell myself that more and more often it seemed. That life is not for you, you chose to be a killer that day in the bunker, the day of your first kill. You can't go back now.  Was a tear slipping out of my eye? I'm such a fool, crying over something I chose for myself. What an idiotic thing to do. There was a task at hand and I needed to focus. 

"Ms Yachi? Are we going?"  I nodded, not trusting my voice just yet. Natsu smiled up at me and I smiled down at her. It was a seemingly nice moment there under the stars, if we weren't off to kill a man, it could have been better, but the most entertaining moment of the night was just about here. "Kaito Yuma, thank you for your life," I said solemnly, Natsu repeated me softly, her voice drifting into the wind, being carried away.