Chapt 12

It was weird opening up to Harry about my dad. my mom and I made a mutual decision to forget it ever happened, as if my dad never existed. it was easier that way, it avoided all unnecessary attention. No one knew who my dad was and that was how my mom and I liked it.

As if on cue, my phone rang. I pulled it out of my pocket and checked the screen.

"Who is it?"

"I uh, I don't know.." except I did know. "Can you give me a minute? Dont say anything, please." He nodded his head and backed out of my room. I took a deep breath and answered, "hello?" When I heard the voice on the other line, I nearly cried. It was a voice I waited so long to hear. A voice I had played in my head over and over again. a voice I never thought I'd hear again. I sat down on my bed and wiped a tear.

"Not that I'm super psyched you're calling, but uh, why are you calling?"

"Well I missed you. I was thinking of coming home."

"Dad, no. I'm sorry but you had your chance." in a parallel universe I would have been psyched my dad wanted to come home. But not anymore.

"What you don't wanna see your old man?"

"It's complicated. Look, now's not exactly a good time. I'm sorry, I have to go." I hung up and wiped my face. If he really wanted to see me he should have called three years ago. He should have written. He should have picked up the phone.

I shook it off and went back to my... friends?

"What took so long?" Kelly asked. She was sitting on the ground, Harry, Louis, Liam, and Zayn were sitting next to her in a circle. Niall sat on the Lazy Boy chair, Emily perched on his lap.

"Um, phone call from work. No big, so what's going on?" I sat down between Kelly and Zayn, joining the circle.

"We're about to play two truths and a lie." We went around in the circle each telling two things about ourselves that are true, and one lie about ourselves. we then took turns guessing what was what. Niall and Emily lost interest at some point in the game and were off in their own little world.

"We should get going. It was nice hanging out with you guys." Liam gave Kelly and I hugs.

"Yeah, it was great." I tried to smile but there was something about seeing them leave- seeing Harry leave- saddened me. As much as I hated admitting it, I really didn't want him to leave.

"I'll see you later?" Harry asked as he gave me a hug. I nodded my head in response. Once everyone left, I locked myself in my room and crawled into bed. The realisation then hit me hard and my bigger fear was becoming a reality; I was falling for Harry Styles.