Chapt 5

"It was nice meetin ya, have fun at the show." The blonde one, whose name I learned was Niall, smiled.

Kelly and Ava gave all of the boys a hug goodbye and waved, Kell still upset about the kiss thing. I stayed behind a little so I could talk to the boys alone before the next group came in.

"Look, I'm going to be honest, I'm not a fan. I mean you guys seem like nice people and I respect you, but it's just not my thing. My friend Kelly however, is probably the biggest fan out there. She worked hard for these tickets and was kind of upset with how it turned out," I paused and looked at the guys. I can't believe I was doing this.. "I feel really bad, and I know this is a long shot, but do you think there's any way you or I could make it up to her? I don't know like giving her a shoutout, singing to her on stage, something. Anything. It would mean a lot to her." I nervously looked around.

The boys exchanged glances until Harry spoke. "Yeah, sure. We'll see what we can do." He smiled at me and the rest nodded their heads.

"Great, thanks." I awkwardly nodded my head. Harry put his arm on my back and walked me out. The contact sent shivers down my spine and made my heart flutter. "So I guess I'll see ya out there..." I began walking away and then yet another thing I never expected happened. He pulled me back in and gave me a really long hug. I was shocked and didn't know how to respond so I just stood there. I felt him slip something in my back pocket, but I thought nothing of it.

I shook of everything and went to find Kelly and Ava.

"There you are! What took you so long?!"

"Oh, nothing. Lets just say I win the award for best friend of the year." I sighed. I could see Ava's jealous face and Kelly and I talked.

"Meredith Kayla Addams, what did you do?!"

"Nothing! I swear!" We laughed and headed inside the arena to find our seats. We decided to just stay there and wait for the concert to begin, even though that was still a few hours ahead.

As we sat waiting, my mind kept racing. Did Harry.. Like me? Or did he find me attractive? Why did he keep staring at me? Why did he kiss me instead if Kelly like he was supposed to? What did he slip into my pocket?

The paper or whatever it was was burning a hole in my pocket and I wanted to reach for it so badly. But I couldn't. If I did it meant he won. It meant that I actually cared. And I don't. Right? I think this is all stupid and I can't possibly fall for his boyish charm. Or his dimples. Or the way his curls fall perfectly. And I have to admit, I'm a sucker for guys with tattoos.

No stop it, Mere. You DON'T like him and he doesn't like you. Snap out of it! I try to remind myself.

I didn't realize I was fighting with my self-conscious for so long until I heard "And we're 5 Seconds of Summer!" What? Who? I looked around. Sure enough everyone was standing and screaming. I must have blocked everything out while I was trying to make sense of what happened earlier.

I stood up from our front row seat and looked up. Sure enough 4 pretty good looking boys stood in front of me. I guess they were One Direction's opening band or something.

Their songs were pretty catchy and I found myself dancing to a few and even took some pictures.

What was I doing?

"So having fun?"

"What?"

"Oh come on I can see you dancing and sneaking a few pictures! You can't fool me. Meredith is actually having fun.bat a pop concert!" I blushed at Kelly's comment and took a seat as the band was finishing up.

Yup. This was going to be a long night...