Chapter 9

"I don't know what to do.." I said a Kelly kept rereading the note.

"Just call him, see what he wants."

"But what if something happens?"

"Carpe diam, my darling."

"What? No. I don't know if I should. What if it's like a fake."

"Meredith Kayla Addams, are you scared?" Kelly asked in a surprised tone.

"What? No..." I responded in an abnormally squealish voice. Okay so maybe I was a little scared. So many things could go wrong.

"Just call him." She waved my phone in my face. I took it hesitantly and dialled the number. shaking, I put the phone against my ear. "Speaker." Kelly mouthed. I rolled my eyes and put the phone on speaker.

"Hello?" A deep, raspy, British voice answered. My heart began racing a mile a minute and Kelly squeezed my arm.

"H-Hi, is um, is this Harry?" I asked nervously. I don't know why I was nervous. I'm never nervous I scared, especially when it comes to talking to boys.

"Who wants to know?"

"It's me, Meredith. We met last night at the concert, you gave me a note with your number."

"Of course, I remember. What took you so long?"

"We got home pretty late. I didn't see the note until I was about to go to bed."

"Oh. So?"

"So what?"

"So when can I see you again?"

I looked at Kelly and she nudged me, urging me to say something more than 2 words. "I uh, I don't know. How much longer are you in Texas?"

"Few more days. We have off today. Maybe I could stop by?" I looked at Kelly and she nodded her head eagerly.

"Sure, but Kelly's here. Is that okay?"

"It's perfect. As long as that other girl, Ava? Isn't there. No offence but she's really annoying."

"None taken!" I laughed. "I'll text you the address, any time after noon is good." We exchanged goodbyes and then hung up. Kelly looked at me with a huge smile. "What?!"

"You so like him."

"I do not!"

"Mere, yes you do. You were stuttering and you were a nervous wreck. Normally you're really calm. You liikee him, you liikee him!"

"Stop it, I do not!" I started to blush as my friend kept teasing me.

Okay so maybe I do like him. I didn't want to because then I would be contradicting myself. But there was no harm in trying and just hanging out with him, right?

After all, I'm not a fan so it's not like i'll be drooling...

I shoved Kelly playfully and we started to get ready for the day. I didn't have anything planned, we would just see how things go.

If they went horrible, it was easy. I'd never have to see him again and we could move on with our lives. But if it went well.. I had nothing planned.