Chapter Twenty Two

Dinner came and went so fast before I knew it I was finally home. I changed Jocelynn into her PJs and I laid her in the bassinet. She went to sleep almost instantly. I went downstairs and made myself a plate with a brownie and ice cream on it. I grabbed a spoon and went upstairs. I sat on my bed and got comfy. I turned on my TV and put on Teen Mom. I sat back on my bed and dug into my brownie. I groaned softly and I smiled. This may be better than sex itself. I licked my lips and my phone began to vibrate. I ignored it and continued to eat. When I was finished I sat the plate in the night stand next to my bed and I laid down and got comfy. My eye lids became heavier and heavier. Before I knew it I was asleep.

The next morning I woke up to Jocelynn crying. I sighed and changed her diaper and fed her while I got my clothes for the day. When she was full i burped her and laid her down and changed her. Then I dressed myself. I put on my shoes and picked her back up. I went down stairs and she babbled away in my arms. I laid her in the car seat and I ate my breakfast. I checked my phone to see I had six missed calls from Adrian. I rolled my eyes and opened my text messages. All from Adrian. All threats. Somehow he found out that Jocelynn came with us to dinner last night. And he was furious. Also, none of his business. I finished eating and finished getting ready for school. My mom took the car seat and we got in the car. On the way to school we dropped her off at daycare and my heart began to ache. I do not trust daycare centers. I signed her in and then said goodbye to my precious baby girl. The caregiver assured me that shed be okay and she took her to the nursery.

When I got to school the place seemed dead. I still got dirty looks from girls all around but something was off. I had an unsettling feeling in the pit of my stomach. Something was wrong. Something was terribly wrong. I walked to my locker and kept my eyes peeled and focused on my surroundings. I looked for Reese but there was no sign of him. I grabbed a book out of my locker and closed it. I turned around and Adrian was behind me. He was so close to my face. He practically had me pinned against the locker. My breath hitched in my throat and I avoided his eyes.

"The little slut. So nice to see you this morning. Is there a reason you ignored my texts and calls last night?"

He growled lowly in my ear. I ignored him and he pushed me into the locker. I winced and still refused to look at him. He grabbed me by my hair and forced me to look at him. Where the fuck is a teacher when you need one?? I thought to myself. My breathing intensified and became more rigged. I swallowed my tongue and I looked around the hallway. Trying to find something to put my attention on besides him. He laughed lowly and threw my head back before he let go of me and walked away. I waited till he was really gone before I lifted my hand to the back of my head. I felt around and brought my hand back down and examined it. No blood, but I do have an agonizing headache.
Guess who's not getting their daughter for the weekend? I walked to my class slowly. Hoping to see someone I knew. But no such luck. I frowned and sighed deeply. I went to the nurse and asked for some Motrin. She gave it to me and sent me on my way. I got to class and sat at my desk. Raegan sat next to me and I smiled. Finally. Someone who makes me feel safe.

By the time lunch came there was no longer any sign of Adrian. There was also no sign of Reese. I frowned and twirled my fork around the spaghetti that was on my tray. I was hungry but I wasn't. My anxiety level was through the roof. I just wanted to go home and cuddle with my daughter. I was gonna text Reese but I had decided against it. Not sure why, just didn't wanna talk I guess. Just then I felt a sharp pain in the back of my head again. The same spot that was slammed against a locker this morning. I placed my hand there and rubbed it to both the ache. Which didn't seem to help. It relieved some pressure but not enough. I didn't feel well. But I needed to eat. So I ate and drank my water. After eating I felt nauseous. I shrugged it off and sat back in my seat and waited for the bell.

When I got home there was a vase filled with roses on the front porch. I smiled and read the card.

"Missed you today. See you tomorrow? -Reese."

I smiled and texted him and said thank you. I place the flowers in the living room on an end table and went to the dining room table to do my homework. Once I was finished I picked Jocelynn up and played with her. I gave her a bottle and then I took her upstairs for a bath. After she was bathed and dried I lathered her skin in baby lotion. Then dressed her in a pink onesie and laid her in the crib. She fussed around but she fell asleep eventually. I showered myself and dressed in shorts and a T-shirt then went to sleep as well.