Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Jensen went with the couple to eat then quickly made them go to the park, he and Annalise had a game going with her little blue ball and they need the sand box to play this right. He ignored Maryanne and Nate, his whole focus was on the baby. He never would’ve considered himself a baby person but he liked Annalise and her big brown eyes.

He sat in the sandbox while Annalise stood and kicked the ball at him, they had a nice game of kickball going until she grabbed a handful of sand and poured it over his head. Nate laughed so hard that he was on the grass rolling on his side.

“That’s foul kid, I thought you liked me.” Jensen shook his head and got most of it out. She reached down and handed him the ball. “I’m not a cheap date, it’s going to take more then a ball to make me feel better.” He pouted and this made Annalise and her mother laugh.

“Anna, give him kissy.” Being the smart little baby that she was, she listened to her mother and planted a wet kiss on his cheek.

“Oh I feel so loved.” Jensen grabbed her and started to tickle her until she was red in the face. “I hate to say it but I have to go back to work.” He stood with Annalise in his arms then handed her off to Maryanne.

Nate finally pulled himself off the floor. “Do you need a ride?”

“Nah, its a few blocks and I could use the exercise.”

“Yeah, you are looking a little flabby.”

Jensen grabbed him in a headlock. It was all in good fun, he loved his time at the shop but he wasn’t itching to get back there yet. “It’s been awhile since I’ve kicked your ass.”

“Let go.” Nate tried to pull free and hit Jensen so his grip would loosen but it didn’t work.

“What are you going to give me?”

“We’re not ten anymore.”

“No we’re older and there are such things as money and I know you get a nice allowance, so how much does your freedom cost?” Jensen noticed the both Maryanne and Annalise were amused by Nate’s situation. He liked to see them smile and looking at them now it was obvious she was her daughter, she looked just like Maryanne.

“I hate you so much! Fine, twenty.”

“Nope, higher.”

“Fifty.”

“Hmm that’s a nice number. Let me think….”

“Jensen!”

He let him go and pushed him away. “Next time I’ll make you sing my praises in front of all your friends. Damn it I should’ve thought of that first.” There was nothing he enjoyed more then watching the preppy kids at school get uncomfortable. For some reason he wasn’t sure on he made them all uncomfortable.

“You’d rather have the fifty.”

“True, hand it over.”

“I don’t think so.” Nate took off running down the pathway before he could grab him.

Jensen sighed. “I could catch him but then the walk back to the shop would be a bitch.”

Maryanne kept her hands over Annalise’s ears, there was no stopping Jensen from cursing. “We could give you a ride.”

“Your backseat isn’t friendly to my long legs, I’ll let Nate win this one for now. So,” he pinched Anna’s cheek. “a daughter.”

“It’s a long and not easy story to explain, I just told Nate today.” She rambled, wanting him to know she wasn’t just keeping him in the dark alone.