dear ana

June 7, 2017 11:34pm

Dear Ana,

I don't know how to start this off. So I guess I just will.

I want to start off with how much I love you. I loved you nearly since the day we met - I knew you'd come into my world and shake it up the minute I dropped my coffee in your lap. And I was right, you surely shook it up. I loved you more than the moon loved the sun, I loved you more than the sun loved the horizon. I love you more than flowers love the rain.

Ana, you were and still are the sun in my sky. You were the moon in the night, the light that kept everything from darkening up. You kept me on my toes, lit my world on fire. You showed me what it was to love again, showed me that cats aren't half bad, and showed me that even little girls can have a fiery attitude.

I loved every single day with you, every date and every batch of brownies. I loved the Ferris wheel with you, and I loved going to a fancy restaurant with you for our first date - Mac's Grill. I loved dancing around your living room, and I absolutely adored the way your hair fell when I dipped you. I loved learning every little bit of your past, and all of the things you loved to do. You were a much better writer than I will ever be.

I loved your little red dress, and the way you would examine paintings like your life depended on it. I loved your excitement for shopping and eating, and your love for cats. I'm convinced you loved Salem more than me. (I'll take care of him, by the way. He's mine, now.) (He's biting the pen right now - I think he misses you.)

I will never forget the way you sung along to the radio when your song came on, and how you declared that Taylor Swift was the best artist on the planet. And also how you demanded You Are In Love to be played at our wedding.

It is harder than I could ever imagine to string together the words to tell you how much I love you. How much I loved you, sorry.

I will miss you sleeping in on rainy days (every day really) and I will miss your tired eyes and pillow hair. I will miss waking up to your loud, obnoxious snoring. I wish I had one more day to hear your snores. I will miss the way your bare skin felt pressed against mine, and I will miss the way your hair would cover my face when we slept. I'll miss your cold coffee in the middle of summer, and the extra whipped cream you would always add. I'll miss your bizarre theory that hot coffee burns the taste buds off of your tongue. I'll miss you.

I will miss you, every little piece of you. I will miss your laugh and I will miss your beautiful smile.

I love you, Ana. Please fly high, and please remember to always look for the good in things. You changed me, from who I was, to who I am now. You showed me a whole new world - made me realize that so many good things are out there. You were one of them.

Sincerely,
Harry

P.S. I'll see you again one day.