big decisions

"Ana." Harry nudges, voice as soft as a cloud. It's 7:32am, and the sun is barely peaking through the white curtains. Why is he waking me so early?

"Ana, wake up. I've got a surprise." he smiles widely, sitting back on the bed. His legs cross, sitting like a Buddha.

"What is it Harry?" I grumble into the pillow, brushing my hair from my eyes.

"Okay.... So you know that reeeeeeally 'exquisite' restaurant you've been DYING to go to?" he questions, wiggling his eyebrows like a child. I'm interested...

"Mmm."

"Well, lucky for you, I got us reservations for tonight." he chimes, smile widening on his beautiful face. I'm definitely interested.

I shoot up, hair flying every direction it possibly can. Was he serious? I've heard all around that even the richest people in town had to wait weeks to even get chosen to make a reservation, let alone have one. He couldn't be serious.

"Wait, you're like, dead serious?" I ask, all joking set aside. I was invested in this. They apparently have the best steaks in the entire state.

"I'm dead serious. My friend works there and got us in." he smiles, dimples deepening immensely.

I stay silent, letting that sink in. H o l y shit. I tackle him in a huge bear hug, holding him tightly. I feel nearly out of breath, clasping onto him while regaining my air.

"You're the absolute best, Curly Fry." I whisper, kissing his cheek softly.

"Is that my new nickname?" he questions, snaking his strong arms around my waist comfortably.

"Yes." I confirm, smiling softly and snuggling closer to him. "Thank you."

7:30 was the time for our reservation - our very important one, too - and it quickly came and soon I was getting ready. This was possibly going to be the best date of my entire life.

I fumble through my small closet, scanning over all of my dress clothes. They weren't much, but they were acceptable.

I barely recognized my closet, mainly because I've been practically living with Harry for around six months; only taking the occasional trip home for the bare necessities. Oh, and no, I didn't forget my cat...

I pick out my favorite dress, a sparkling one. It was short and had long sleeves, and made me feel like an absolute princess.

Once I was ready, I waited patiently for Harry to arrive. My house felt empty, lonely even. It was weird, because this was once my safe haven. And now, that's Harry's house - my home.

He finally knocks on the door, precisely at 7:00pm. I scurry to the door, smiling widely.

"Damn." he whispers once he sees me, eyes eating away at my appearance. It causes a deep red to color my cheeks, making me feel hot. His eyes were seductive and hooded, his lip being taken between his teeth.

"You ready?" he finally asks, bringing his eyes back to mine. I nod, smiling at him. He extends his hand, taking my small one and leading me to his car.

We finally pulled into the parking lot, most of the spots filled with expensive name-brand vehicles. They were all new, too. I quickly began to feel a tad out of place. But that wouldn't stop me from having fun.

He comes to my side, helping me out. He pouts slightly, not enjoying the fact that I was nearly as tall as him in my heels. I only smile at the thought, kissing his cheek softly.

"You're still taller naturally, don't you dare worry." I whisper, lacing our fingers together like twine. That makes him smile.

We make our way inside, standing in the small lobby. Surrounding us are beautiful paintings, ones by famous artists such as Van Gogh. I admire them, stepping closer to get a better look. I look at the delicate strokes, the harder strokes. I look at all of the small, intricate details of each segment. My mind clicks together like a machine, piecing all of the parts together. This painting, "Starry Night", was absolutely stunning, and I couldn't get enough of it.

"Right this way." the hostess speaks up, clearing her throat for me and Harry. I follow behind her, reaching for Harry's hand as he subtly takes it.

She seats us at a table far in the back, say perfectly in a corner. It had a candle set in the middle, flaring beautifully between us. Two menus were set in front of us.

"Thank you."

I take a few minutes to scan over the entirety of the menu, my stomach finally deciding it was craving a filet with a loaded baked potato and rice pilaf.

"What're you getting, Harry?" I ask, setting my menu down.

"I think I'm going to get the prime rib." he says, finally setting his menu down. That sounded good, too.

"I'm getting the filet." I smile, scrunching my nose.

It was a few minutes before the waiter got there to take our order, but when he got there, we quickly ordered and he was off. I smiled at Harry, placing my elbows on the table.

Harry makes solid eye contact with me, staying silent. Which was quite unusual, considering he was quite the talker. It made me slightly uneasy.

"Would you like to move in with me?"

//

Character development, are they going to *officially* move in together, or she gonna freak out and leave? Hm.

I hope you liked this update, I'm super excited for what's going to happen! <3

-J