Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Mr. Renz sat on a bench inside an old run down apartment. Accompanied by six other men, they conversed with each other drunkenly, much to Mr. Renz’s annoyance.

“Hey ‘ya pre. Whatta yo doin’ man? Get a drink.” a man said, drunk like the other guys. He shoved a beer towards Renz’s direction.

Why did I even bother to look after these morons. Renz grumbled, ignoring the beer offered to him.This is more than I can take. He took out a book from his bag and started reading it. This made him forget the drunken men, until one of them noticed him.

Tol, are you girl man? Come on, join us. We should have a good time.”

Renz glared at him. “If having fun is your idea of wasting time, don’t count me in. I have so many problems to put up so don’t add another.”

“So, just because you are boss’ right hand does that mean you count yourself a god?” the drunken man countered. “Hey ‘ya kumpare’s. Renz thinks himself a god. Whatta ‘ya think?”

The other five men gazed at Renz, and smiled mischievously. “’Ya know the same routine as always man. Let’s test the god.

Mr. Renz kept his book back into his bag and loosened his tie. He unbuttoned his polo, making his six packed muscle visible. He flexed these with ease, took out his hand and gestured it to a- come on. Let’s fight. When men saw this, they began to circle around him. Now this is fun.

A man near him attacked first. He circled around for sometime, and then turned his hand to a fist, hurling it towards Renz. He dodged out of the way with ease, and when the man was behind him, he elbowed him on the neck. When the man collapsed, another one came next, armed with a broken bottle. Renz smiled and urged him to make a move first. The drunken man charged at Renz without hesitation. As the man came closer, Renz targeted the guy’s center (you know what) and kicked it there. When the man bent down and howled in pain, Renz pulled his face upward, kicked the bottle away, and gave him one knock out punch.  Two down and three more to go. He amused, as he sneered at the remaining men. Only two of them were brave enough to urge on fighting. They took their own sides, one and the right and another one at the left. Renz eyed them conspicuously, making himself alert, lest the third one attacks without knowing. Luckily, the two attacked together, much to Mr. Renz’s enjoyment. He gave a full house kick, his feet leaving a red mark on their faces. He gave each one solid punch which sent them off wanting their mommies. Renz stared at the last man conscious.

“Do you wanna play?” taunted Mr. Renz.

The man gave one scared looked at Renz then fainted, right on the spot. Mr. Renz was relieved that they were in a secluded place, or else things may have ended up pretty badly. Idiots. He mumbled, as he sat down on the bench again. This time, he just stared at them, laughing to himself. If they weren’t drunk, it must have been a good fight. He presumed, as he played in his mind of what he had previously done before. He had fought much tougher men than these. And in fact, he used more sophisticated moves than with what he had just executed. He was a well-trained man, taking martial arts lessons since he was a kid. Raised by Mr. Rosanes, you could say Mr. Renz is his son. Step son actually, since Renz was just adopted.

Renz took out his book again and began reading it. This time, he was sure there would no be disturbance, but alas- no. A minute later, his cellphone rang, much to his dismay. He knew that this would be the retreat signal. He looked back and frowned at the snoring men at the ground. My god. This is disastrous.  He thought, as he pushed a button attached on his sleeve. A deep voice suddenly boomed into it.