Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Winona took her direction towards her home. The day was filled with both good and bad news. It’s a good thing she wasn’t reporting anything to her mom today since its Friday. The problem is: what should she do tomorrow? I guess I’d better continue my search for Axel. She thought, and then began thinking of Mister Renz. He was a nice guy alright, even though he is a bit scary. Winona pondered of what she will do with Lotte’. Maybe it was a bad idea messing up with her, and it really was. She tried to consider the things that Lotte’ might do to her.

“First, she could spill my secrets, and then maybe she’ll post pictures of my ugliest pose in school, or mess up with my things…” Winona assumed, going on and on and on about Lotte’s latest battle plan.

Winona felt like using her powers on Lotte’, but she couldn’t. There was something in Lotte’ that made Winona idolize her, though she doesn’t know what it is. Winona shrugged her thoughts off for a minute as she entered the house. The first thing that she felt is that her legs had gone a bit numb, while her throat felt dry, and her feet ached. In her excitement of that day’s occurrences, she didn’t notice that her body had worn down. I hate this. She groaned. She knew she’s gonna need lots of morphine later.

Maxine was quite enjoying herself watching cartoons when she heard the door open. She was very surprised to see Winona lugging herself heavily, as if she was bringing a lot of things on top of her. Maxine shifted her gave on the clock and saw it was only five in the afternoon. Usually, when Winona says she’s gonna be late, she goes home, very late indeed. This puzzled her mother, although relieved that she will not be worrying much about her daughter late in the night.

“Strange.” She muttered, and then rushed to her daughter.

“Hi mom.” Winona greeted as her mother neared her.

“What happened? You look a wreck!” her mother commented, as she helped Winona to sit.

Winona slumped down the couch and eagerly ate the biscuits that were laid before her. “Itsh am bishy daysh atck shool.”

“Don’t talk when your mouth is full, young lady.” Maxine said sternly, as she handed Winona some cold water.

Winona drank the water, cleared her throat then munched on another biscuit again before speaking. “It was a busy day at school mom. Sir Flint dismissed us very early today. The P.E. game rocks!” she exclaimed, trying not to over do her words.

“Hmmm…”  Maxine hummed, as she cleaned the mess, and then went to the kitchen. “So, what do you want for dinner?” she called.

Winona sighed a relief. It’s a good thing the conversation swayed a bit from the main topic.

“I’d like sprouted beans along with stew!” Winona yelled, under her breath. She felt her stomach grumble, it had not eaten much that day.

Mrs. Raven chuckled while she prepared the food. A while later, delicious food could be smelled from the kitchen. Winona’s stomach grumbled again, this time, much louder. She gazed at the clock and realized it had only been ten minutes since she asked her mother to cook. Her stomach grumbled once more, already hungry, wanting to be filled with delicacies.

“Mo-oh-mom…. My stomach is starting to get extremely dangerous.” Winona sang, still lying on the couch. She was already feeling a little bit of feverish, and is very concerned about her condition that might hinder her Saturday activities.

“Your order will be up in a minute more madam.” Her mother yelled, then went back to work.

Winona relaxed, and let her eyes droop. She’s going off to Tra-la-la Land, where Winona gets much of her far-out ideas. Sleeping is one of Winona’s favorite past times, because there, she uses the full- extent of her powers, without harming and letting anyone know, in her dreams. As Axel had said, “It’s better to sleep than to practice your powers on others.” It was one of the best advices Winona had gotten from her brother. She appreciated it, though he was very arrogant sometimes. Winona had always been very jealous of her brother. Although she wants to torture Axel, Winona let herself indulge into her brother’s “little wisdoms”, if she wants to be successful someday. It was just too bad he wasn’t around to help her now. She then fell asleep.