Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Hyacinth handed Winona the information they had printed.  She began to scrutinize each paragraph, becoming much more astonished as she read each topic.

“Where did you find all of these?” Winona asked, completely absorbed with the papers.

Hyacinth grinned. “Big brother’s a whiz in the internet. I doubt there isn’t anything he couldn’t find.”

“But not all things are posted in the internet, Hya.” Winona protested.

“Yup. You have a point there.” Then Hyacinth smiled.

Patrick stopped their conversation abruptly. “Can you please get to the main point Hya?”

Winona nodded. “I know. Do I start now?” she asked, thinking about the presentation of her powers.

“No silly. We were planning to visit one of the people who claimed to have mind powers. No one’s actually believed them though, thinking they were just a fraud, show off. But we still are going to give them a visit. That is, if you agree to see them.” Hyacinth explained, while she tittered.

Winona became excited. “Really? I’d love to meet them!” she beamed.

“Even though there’s only a little possibility that they could be true, we’ll take our chances anyway.” Hyacinth said.

Patrick turned to them and commented “Just like how we met you, Winona.” He chortled.

“Yeah, just like that.” Winona agreed, and continued on reading.

It was already ten in the morning when Winona departed the Nieva’s residence. She had used a pretty good amount of energy in displaying her skills to the siblings and practicing it with the guidance of Hyacinth. Winona felt much better though, since her feverish feeling went off. She was also relieved, since Patrick had forgotten their heated conversation earlier. Winona glanced at her watch, and then slowed down a bit, allowing herself much more time to think.

Their planned visit to the other “mind controllers” led all the way to Palawan, which is a very costly trip. Even though they promised to cover up the expenses, Winona can’t help feeling guilty: the trip they were about to take was all for her. This is pretty serious Winona. I just can’t let them do everything for me. I must make something up for them. She thought. Although she wasn’t sure what to do, she made it a task to herself to keep the Nievas’ safe and sound for the trip. The idea sounds rational.

When Winona entered their house, the first thing she noticed is that her mother had gone back to normal. It seemed like nothing had ever happened to her, she looks fine. Hmmm, the shot worked well. Winona amused. She just hopes her mother wouldn’t bombard her with any questions. Maxine was watching television, eating tacos when she became aware that her daughter was there. She greeted her happily, waving her hand.

“Hello sweetie! How’s your day?” she hollered.

“It was fine mom. I had a wonderful time at the library.” Winona replied, taking off her bag and sat beside her mother.

“Nothing new?”

“None mom.” She answered, joining her mother eating tacos.

“I think I’ve got a slight headache sweetie. I honestly can’t remember anything last night. All I know is that I woke up in this couch, with a paper on my hand.” Maxine said, showing the note Winona left her.

“That’s my note, I think.” Winona shrugged, hiding the feeling of being relieved.

“It’s just unusual for me. You know that I never forget things easily dear.” Her mother replied.