Green, Gorgeous, and Gummy

As Celestia's personal student and the student's assistant walked down the street, away from the carousel building, the former continued to lament about the possibility of being "Greenamenia."

"Besides, my grandmother is Greenamenia.  We can't both be Greenamenia!"

Gummy rolled his eyes.  "Relax Pinkie.  We're pretty far away from that mare."

"Right."  Dawn took a few deep breaths.  "What's next on the list?"

"Music.  It's the last one!"

Just then, the Canterlot duo heard a choir of birds led by an amazing voice vocalizing the Equestrian National Anthem.   Approaching slowly, Dawn and Gummy watched the rehearsal through some nearby bushes.   They noticed the leading voice belonged to a snow white mare with wavy purple hair.   The earth pony had sapphire blue eyes and an equally blue cutiemark, which was an elegant butterfly on the end of a sixteenth note.

Directly after the last note was hit, the hidden duo revealed themselves and applauded (though one could really only see Dawn).  Startled by the suddenness of the arrival, the birds scattered to the skies and the leading pony panicked.  She looked frantically around for a place to hide, but had to settle for behind her mane.

Dawn approached the startled mare as one would approach a frighten puppy.  "Hello." The unicorn greeted.  "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to frighten your birds. I'm just here to check up on the music and it's sounding beautiful."

There was an awkward pause. 

"I'm Pinkamenia Dawn Pie, and I'm in charge of the Summer Sun Celebration."  Pause. "What's your name?"

"Um... I'm Rarity."  The earth pony whispered.

"I'm sorry, what was that?"  Dawn leaned in to hear the other mare better. 

"um... my name is rarity." The pale mare repeated, quieter than before.

"Didn't quite catch that."

Now a squeak, she repeated her name.  "rarity."

Giving up, Dawn noticed the return of the chorus. "Well, um, it looks like your birds are back, so I guess everything's in order. Keep up the good work!"

It wasn't until Gummy fully made himself visible that the singer came out of shy mode. She galloped over to the purple dragon and gushed over him. "A baby dragon!"

Gummy straightened an imaginary bow tie, and gave Dawn a look that said something along the lines of 'See?', 'Ha!', and 'I'm cooler than thou

Gummy straightened an imaginary bow tie, and gave Dawn a look that said something along the lines of 'See?', 'Ha!', and 'I'm cooler than thou.'

"Oh, I've never seen a baby dragon before. He's sooo cute!" The earth pony squeeled.

"Well, well, well...!" Gummy hummed.

"Oh my, he talks. I didn't know dragons could talk. That's just so incredibly wonderful I, I just don't even know what to say!"

"Well, in that case we'd better be going."  Dawn butted in, magically putting Gummy on her back.  She really didn't want her little brother to get a big head.

"Wait, wait! What's his name?" The white mare stopped the pink one with her hoof.

"I'm Gummy."  The dragon responded.

"Hi Gummy, I'm Rarity. Wow, a talking dragon! And what do dragons talk about?"

"Well, what do you wanna know?"

"Absolutely everything."

And that was the day Dawn relived her entire life from Gummy's point of view. His recountance of today was by far the longest section, and Dawn so relieved when they reach the old café.  Now to get rid of the animal lover. 

"Oh wook."  Dawn pointed out in a baby-like voice as she suddenly turned around to face the purple-maned follower. "Wook how sweepy the wittle dragon is."

"Wittle?"  Gummy questioned.

Dawn knocked her assistant off of her rump. "Wook, he's so tired he wost his wittle bawance."

"Oh we should get him to bed!"  Rarity swooped Gummy up with one of her fore hooves and rushed him inside.  Dawn, who was not about to let a stranger in get home, however temporary it may be, rushed in after the earth pony and ushered her out, making up some excuse about rest.