A Swish of a Welcome

About an hour later, Gummy re-read the ending of the letter as he and Dawn rode in a carriage pulled by two esteemed pegasi of the Royal Guard.    "My dear Dawn, there is more to a young pony's life than simply planning.  So I'm sending you to supervise the preparations for the Summer Sun Celebration, and the event itself, in this year's location: Ponyville.  Also, I have an essential task for you to complete: make some friends!"

Dawn harrumphed.

"Oh, come on Dawnie. Look on the bright side. You'll be planning the best party of the year! A----and the princess arranged for you to stay in an old cafe."

"Well, I guess that's cool. But it's not like I'm actually planning anything. Just overseeing."  The unicorn pantomimed writing and looking in the distance.

"I bet if you do a good job, the princess will let you plan something else." Gummy sing-songed.

"You know what? You're right!" Dawn stomped defiantly on the carriage floor, which made for a bumpy landing since they had just arrived in Ponyville. The stallions whinnied in opposition. As Dawn and her sidekick stepped out of the carriage she apologized. "Sorry about that, good sirs. And thank you very much for the ride."

The Pegasi bowed their heads in response before taking off again and returning to Canterlot. Their take off was rather fast, as if they didn't want to stick around Ponyville very long.

"Well, lets see if anypony knows where the food is being taken care of." Spike said, gesturing to an aproaching purple pegasus with a hot air balloon for a cutiemark. The pegasus had a windswept, indigo mane and tail, each with a hot pink strip down the side. Dawn made to ask the mare something, but as soon as said mare caught sight of Ms. Pie, the former made to fly away. However, the unicorn was in no mood for this and promptly grabbed the flying pegasus with her magic. Setting the violet mare on the ground again, Dawn spoke.

"Before you fly off to who knows where again, could you please be a more polite pony and give me some directions?"

The pegasus's violet eyes were wide as she realized she was no longer in mid-air. "I'm sorry."  She finally managed. "Where you heading to?"

Dawn looked to her assistant dragon who read off his checklist. "Banquet Preperations: Sweet Apple Acres."

"Sweet Apple Acres? Well, that rules out that area." The pegasus questioned, mumbling the second part to herself. "Yeah, yeah, my friend lives there. It's that way." She pointed to the right, towards the edge of town. "There's a large red barn. You can't miss it."

"Thank you. By the way, my name is Pinakamenia Dawn Pie, and I am in charge of the Summer Sun Celebration this year." Dawn struck an important looking pose, hoping to get the Pegasus to act a little more civil.

The lavendar mare hovered and mimicked Dawn in the air.  She completely ignored the hidden meaning, although she did notice it. "And I am Twilight Swish. See ya--------a." She took off through the air again before the pink pony could react and was out of sight by the time Dawn turned around.

"I feel like that mare would be in the Wonderbolts." The unicorn muttered under her breath, starting on the path to Sweet Apple Acres. It didn't take long at all to get there, and just as Twilight had said, there was a big red barn that was impossile to miss.