1

"I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
as long as I'm living
my baby you'll be."
Those were the last words a 5 year old Normani heard before she drifted off into a deep sleep. She heard the words to this story everynight coming from the ever so soothing voice of her mothers. It soothed her and helped her forget about the imaginary monsters under her bed that her young mind believed were real. It also helped her to forget about her fears and nerves that were real, the ones that showed up once she escaped her room.

"Goodnight baby" Mama Drea said, placing a soft kiss on her sleeping daughters forehead "You'll do fine. Even though I won't be with you physically, I'll still be there"

The young girls mother knew that her daughter was struggling with the fears of going to school for the very first time. Since a young age Normani was attached to the hip of her mother, so that was all she knew. Her father left a year after she was born leaving her and her mother to survive on their own. However Andrea is a fighter she managed and is still managing to to what ever it takes to ensure the best for her little girl.

//

"Okay baby, I'm going to walk you in okay but I can't stay for long . You'll have to get used to being by yourself"

The little girl could only manage to nod her head at her mothers comment. Andrea knew most likely that Normani would cry because this would be all new for her.

They entered the classroom and was greeted by an eager kindergarten teacher. "Hello! And what might this beautiful little girls name be?" Normani didn't answer she just held her teddy bear in her hand. "This is Normani kordei, sorry this is new for her"

"Oh No worries at all, trust me this is new for most kids. Many will be leaving their parents sides for the first time" the teacher responded giving an understanding nod.

Hinting down at the little girl who still held her teddy bear "This one here, you might get a few tears. Just call please if she gets out of hand. She very emotional I'll be glad to come and calm her down"

"Oh I'm sure she'll be fine." She brushed off the comments made by the mother, kneeling down to greet Normani. "Hey Normani, I'm going to be your teacher my name is Mrs. Jones. I want you to know that everything will be okay.. Here let's go find your seat"

The three walked over to a small table and found the name tag with 'Normani Hamilton' on it. "Here we are" after spending a few minutes trying to get Normani to warm up to her Mrs. Jones left to tend to other kids.

Normani sat their holding her moms hand in one and in her other she still held her teddy. "Okay Mani, I have to go mommy has work."

She wanted to be strong but it was hard "I don't want you to leave me mommy".  Mama drea comforted her for a few more minutes and then their hands slowly pulled apart releasing at the finger tips. It hurt to leave but she knew that Normani had to be the big girl she knew she would be. Normani's eyes watered once the door shut behind her mother but somehow she held the tears in.

The school day went on with out Normani saying much of anything to anyone else. She barely even paid attention to the other kids in class only to her bear.

During recess it was overwhelming for her, so she sat on the step and waited for this horrible hour to be over. The teachers didn't even notice that a kid was missing from the fun. She buried her head in in her teddy and cried to herself. Suddenly she felt someone take a spot next to her on the step.

A small squeaky voice began to speak "Hey I brought this for you, you looked sad" the little girl held out a yellow sunflower that she had just picked moments ago.

Normani lifted her head and saw the little pale girl with beautiful green eyes blushing at her. She looked a little rugged like she had just got done playing with the boys but Normani didn't mind. "Thanks" she said after she wiped her tears and grabbed the flower.

"I could stay over here with you if you'd like" she smiled wider showing her snaggleteeth. The brown girl wasn't used to new people so it frightened her "That's okay I have my bear" she said giving it a squeeze.

Ignoring her cue to leave "Aw cool.. What's it's name?" The pale girl questioned still unable to keep the smile off of her face. "Lo bear, it's a her" Normani responded with a smile. The other girls kindness was starting to allow her to loosen up.

The green eyed girl gasped and grinned the biggest one thus far. If Normani wanted to she could have took the time to count the amount of missing teeth that this little girl had. That's how big the smile was. "No way! That's my name.. Well Lauren is, but my mommy calls me Lo. Does that count? What's your name?" She grinned nervously.

The brown girl chuckled "It counts & Normani". This made the Lauren happy "Can we be friends? I would be a good friend. My mom packed me cookies for lunch, I'll give them to you" the pale girl said trying to bribe her new buddy. To little of her knowledge Normani didn't need much bribing she already wanted to be this girls friend. Lauren waited nervously for the answer, Normani shrugged "I love cookies" giving her a big smile.

Lauren liked this smile, it brought her joy just by looking at it "Normani, you're pretty"

A/N:
Can somebody say super fetus!