Prolouge Part One

Beep. The up arrow on the wall by the elevator flashed a white color. The elevator had finally graced us with its presence. My uncle worked it a big laboratory. And when I say big, I mean huge. The building is over a hundred floors high. Don't ask me how many stories that is, because I don't know. So what my point is, the stairs would be a freakin' long walk. My uncle's office is on the 101st floor. I would frickin' die. The elevator doors creaked open and my uncle and I went. I clutched my phone tighter as I walked in, as I am always paranoid I'm gonna drop my phone in the crack in between the elevator and the floor. Is it an irrational fear?Probably. Do most people have that fear? Hopefully some. Then I'm not the only crazy one here. The ride up the to the 101st floor was painstaking. It slowly crept up the large old building. I swear it took 20 minutes. No joke. The elevator was so old and creaky at sometimes I swore it was gonna fall and we would all die. Or we would make it to the twilight zone. Either one. Either way I probably wouldn't get out of here alive, without a broken bone, or be paralyzed for the rest of my life. Oh well. Probably better than taking the stairs. I guess. Finally we made it to the top of the building. Floor 101. Thank god. I haven't even written my will yet. The sign in the elevator said 101, and the doors clicked open.