Thirty [Final Chapter]

Who else thinks this picture looks like cake have just had really hot butt secks

This is it *cries* thanks for reading up to here! This chapter's gonna be a little bit longer than usual :D

Chapter 30

At school the next day, I got all these weird looks from girls and guys alike, some even coming up to me curiously with questions.

I knew why. I had been flaunting my hickey to everyone with great pride, and I'd been holding Calum's hand at every opportunity. At first he'd been a bit sceptical about the whole thing, telling me that I could take my time, but I was too excited to wait.

"Whoa Luke, you're gay? Is that why you told everyone you were asexual?" this one guy from my class asked. I didn't know his name – but whose name did I know? All I knew was that he'd confessed to me a few months back, maybe a year ago.

"You could say that," I replied nonchalantly.

"So does that mean I have a chance with you now?"

I brought up my hand that was clasped in Calum's to show him. "Does this look like you have a chance?"

He chuckled, brushing it off as a joke and walked off, congratulating me on 'coming out'. Well. To be honest, I'd kinda been gay my whole life so I wasn't really coming out, I was simply changing my identity for the better.

At lunch, Calum slumped down on the canteen table, staring at his sandwich. "What's up?" I asked.

"This is so exhausting, having everyone look at you all the time and stare and question you and... I don't know how you do it."

I laughed, taking a big bite out of my own sandwich. "You'll get used to it."

~

A week later, we met up with Michael and Ashton in the park, who both immediately caught on. "I knew it, I knew it would happen!" Michael squealed, embracing us all in a hug.

"See; I knew right from the start that you had a thing for him," Ashton added, shaking his head like a know-it-all. Calum looked my way with one eyebrow raised and I laughed, pushing him away. "You know, secretly I knew you guys would get together eventually. I kinda hoped Calum would beat some sense into you – you obviously weren't asexual."

"Beat? Dude, we're not into that," I said with a playful frown. Calum turned my way lustfully, winking.

"How do you know? We haven't tried it yet," he huskily whispered.

"Ew, stop," I said, swatting him away. The other two burst into laughter and settled into a relaxing silence. I realised that we four, at the end of the day, were just good friends and I loved spending time with them.

After a few hours of just sitting and chatting, Calum and I headed back to mine. We'd decided that today was a good day to tell my parents, because I'd been anticipating it for a while now. I didn't necessarily expect them not to be understanding; I simply had no idea how they would react. Calum had said that his parents couldn't care less who he dated and even that his mum was glad that it was me not Ashton, which was definitely reassuring for me.

I'd kept the asexual façade on for so long that my parents would probably be quite shocked, but basing on the fact that mum had mistaken me and Calum to be in a relationship a few weeks back, I didn't think she'd mind.

We entered the house, seeing mum and Natalie on the couch having a conversation. "Oh, hi boys!" she greeted, looking over with a smile. "Luke some mail came for you today," she notified. I nodded and picked up the letter from the staircase. It was indeed addressed to me, and had a stamp at the top with Melbourne printed on it. I swallowed, hiding it from Calum as we went upstairs.