Chapter 7- 9.12.15

Start from the beginning

"Oh, I get it! You don't want to admit that you like her! Don't worry, I'll pretend I didn't hear a thing!"

"And why 'lesbian?' I'm a guy. If anything, the correct term would be gay."

"Honey,  I know you want to be a guy so badly, but I'm sorry, but your mother doesn't support transgender people."

"Hypocrite," Haru mumbled. 

"What was that, deary?"

"Nothing! I'm done with this conservation. I'm done with you!" Haru shot.

"I don't know what made you so upset, but I'll keep my mouth shut, okay?"

"Good."

I can't wait until I grow up, Haru thought, looking out the window. I can't wait to live together with Makoto.

I can't wait to leave my hypocritical family behind. 

--

"Onee-san!" Haru's mother cried, greeting her older sister.

"It's been a while," Haru's aunt mused. "How's my favorite little sister?"

"I'm doing great."

"And how my favorite little nephew?"

Haru's heart leaped with joy as he finally had one of his family members use the right pronouns on him. However, his happiness was shattered to bits once he saw his mother's disapproval.

"Sorry, I meant niece," Haruka's aunt apologized, patting Haru on the head.

Haru sighed and looked away. He hated how his mother was in control of who he was. As Haru approached the kitchen, he smelled something familar.

"Aunt," Haru gestured towards the kitchen. "Do you have kumquats?"

"Matter of factly, I do!" Haru's aunt exclaimed, showing him a basket full of them. 

"Where did you get them?"

"Oh, a nice neighbor gave some to us! They harvested too many kumquats so they gave some away."

"Who were they?"

"Hmm... I think Tachibana?"

Haru eye's glowed up as he heard that familiar name. His mother was the first to notice.

"Haruka, dearly," She gasped. "This is the first time I've seen you look so happy!"

"I'm not happy," Haru responded, nonchalantly.

"Of course you are! Even though you didn't smile, I can tell by that special shimmer in your eyes."

Haru slightly raised one of his eyebrows and gave his mother a glare.

"Oh, I get it!" Haru's mom turned towards his aunt. "We were just talking in the car about who Haruka liked! She claims that she has a crush on a girl! Of course, I support whoever she likes but-"

"If you support whoever I like then you should support that I'm a male." Haru interrupted, irritated.

"Haruka, deary, you're being delusional," Haru's mom laughed, patting Haru's back extremely forcefully. "Anyways, by any chance does the Tachibana family have a girl around his age?"

"No," Haru's aunt declined. "But they do have a fine looking gentlemen that does go to the same school as your little Haruka."

Haru's mom gasped. "So you do like a boy!"

"I do NOT," Haru protested.

"You can't lie to your own mother, Haruka deary," Haru's mom giggled. "You're getting flustered by the mention of the name Tachibana!"

Haru's heart skipped a beat. He thought his nonchalant front would've prevented any expressions. He thought that even his own mother wouldn't have been able to see past that.

I should've known I could've only hold it for so long... Haru thought to himself. I wonder if that's how Makoto feels like? He has to put up a front too, right?

"Tachibana-kun is just a close friend of mine," Haru defended. "Aunt, do you know where he lives?"

"Oh, end of street then turn left," Haru's aunt directed. "Why?"

"I want to see him."

"Because you like him?" Haruka's mom butted in.

"Because he's my friend," Haru disagreed, although he really did have feelings for Makoto.

"You don't have to hold back on your moth-"

"Just because I want to see somebody doesn't mean I like them!" Haru declared, slightly raising his voice.

"Princess, you don't have to get so defensive over somebody! I bet he'd look gorgeous standing next-" 

"You know what," Haru took a deep breath and sighed. "I'm done. I'm done with how you treat me. I'm done being told that I'm a girl. I'm done with you thinking I can't make friends. I'm done with you thinking Tachibana is my boyfriend!"

And with that, he stomped out of his aunt's house and made a run for Makoto's.

--

...Hi it's Saki >.< I just wanted to clear up a few things about Haru before moving on. Haru's insecure side is his nonchalant side. This is the side he shows his family and pretty much everybody expect Nagisa, Rei, Makoto, and a friend of his back at his old school. You don't see his nonchalant side much because Haru is usually surrounded with people he feels comfortable around.