INTRO

。*゚+.*.。 B I R D S E T F R E E ゚+.。*゚+

❝ 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑙𝑑 𝑖𝑠 𝑓𝑢𝑙𝑙 𝑜𝑓 𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔𝑠 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑞𝑢𝑒𝑒𝑛𝑠 𝑤ℎ𝑜𝑏𝑙𝑖𝑛𝑑 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑒𝑦𝑒𝑠 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑎𝑙 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑚𝑠

𝑏𝑙𝑖𝑛𝑑 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑒𝑦𝑒𝑠 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑎𝑙 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑚𝑠.
𝐴𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑦'𝑙𝑙 𝑡𝑒𝑙𝑙 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑏𝑙𝑎𝑐𝑘 𝑖𝑠 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑤ℎ𝑖𝑡𝑒,
𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑚𝑜𝑜𝑛 𝑖𝑠 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑢𝑛 𝑎𝑡 𝑛𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡. ❞

—✩—

The kings and queens decide whether you are worthy, based on your gender, your age, your race, your background, and many other criteria. They even create laws that make innocent behaviour criminal when it suits their purposes.

It's not even really about basic, foundational issues of right and wrong . . . moral issues. It's about the rules and institutions we submit to every day without even thinking, and wondering why we feel imprisoned and sad . . . Until one day we wake up and say, "Wait a minute, who put you in charge of the world?"

It is a scary path, but nothing of worth has ever been accomplished without somebody walking it.

It's the drive for freedom, and we all have it, even though it is crushed in most of us from at least the time we enroll in kindergarten, if not sooner.

     𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐙𝐀𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐇 𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐋, goes by Beth, is a pureblood witch who is a very potential seer due to her mother's family bloodline, though she very well denies it

     𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐙𝐀𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐇 𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐋, goes by Beth, is a pureblood witch who is a very potential seer due to her mother's family bloodline, though she very well denies it. Besides trying to avoid her grandmother from giving her divination lessons, she practices spells in her spare time.

     The Hallowells used to be considered one of the "truly pure-blood" families by the 1930s. There was a list of sacred pure-blood wizarding families, one that the Hallowells are now excluded from. The reason behind it was their refusal for the practice of inbreeding, their rejection for the belief of blood purity, their fraternization with muggles and muggle-borns, and plenty of other reasons other families thought wrong, thus earning themselves the title of blood traitors.

     On her first year at Hogwarts, she had been sorted to Hufflepuff. She was relieved when her brother, Michael, told her that the Sorting Hat puts her decision into account as well. She was a bit nervous to break the news to her parents, but soon enough, her family of Gryffindors told her that they do not love her any less.

     It was true that the Sorting Hat had sorted her into Gryffindor, not unlike any other Hallowell offspring he had sorted before. But it was also true that Hufflepuff was the best choice for her. Even though she could be really stubborn, brave, reckless, and the tiniest bit vengeful, she was also very patient at times, kind, caring, and passive. She has never really been all brave or all kind. She has always been a mix of both.

     She had become friends with a certain trio in the same age as her, whom she met at the Hogwarts train. She saw they were all sorted to Gryffindor, though that didn't make her feel lonely as she had also met another person who she recognised was the son of her father's good friend through work, Amos Diggory.

     They became very good friends, considering there were not much friendships with a two-year-age gap. Her mother worked as a healer at St. Mungo's and her father knew a lot of people as he worked in the Ministry of Magic. She knew Ron before going into Hogwarts, their parents were great friends and still kept in touch with one another. She was also friends with Hannah Abbott, whom she befriended after meeting for the first time after being sorted into the same house.

     She and her brother were very great friends with Rosemary and Oscar Osbourne. Oscar and Michael were friends all their lives and Rosemary was like a sister to Beth. Their parents died in the hands of Bellatrix Lestrange in the first Wizarding War.

     Her ambition was to be a Healer, following her mother's footsteps, rather than become a seer — like her grandmother had been — which she had no intentions with.

—✩—

"I DO NOT PLAY WITH FATE."

"OH, BUT SURELY FATE PLAYS WITH YOU."

—✩—

D I S C L A I M E R

i do not own anything — including characters and plots — made by jk rowling.
i only own the characters i made and the additional plots i came up with.
the gifs i use throughout this book are not mine and can be found on tumblr.

This story will be following the movies, as that is the easier way, but there will be little bits from the book.

Nothing is mine unless stated.

N O T E

Wow, that was way better in my head.
I am always open to feedback, if there is something you don't like, or someone is being out of character and etc., feel free to let me know!
this book has another version written in the point of view of Oscar Osbourne by @obscurials .
Sorry for the crappy intro but nonetheless, I hope you guys like and enjoy it! :) x

also!!
this will be a (eventual) dean thomas fic
which means:
this is not a harry potter love interest fic