01. THE WORLD CUP

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅✩⋅⋆ ━━━━┑

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅✩⋅⋆ ━━━━┑

CHAPTER ONE
THE WORLD CUP

┕━━━━ ⋆⋅✩⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

SHE APPARATED WITH her father in front of the Diggorys' house and knocked on the door. "Dad, I'll bet you anything Mr. Diggory is going to brag about whatever Cedric's done and make you run late." She whispered to her father, she thought it was weird that her father has started working already, but she shrugged it off.

"Come on, now, Beth, be nice." Her father whispered back, taking note on how Amos brags all the time. "I am nice. He is not." She pointed out her dislike towards Mr. Diggory's constant bragging. But as soon as her father tried to reply, the door opened, revealing Mrs. Diggory.

"Oh, you're right on time." She smiled at them. "Please, come in." She gestured to their house with a genuine smile plastered on her face. "Thank you." Beth's father said and stepped in, helping her carry her bags.

She called Amos and Cedric downstairs and offered Beth and her father some tea. "Oh, no thank you. I'm afraid I've got to go after I drop off Beth here." Her father declined.

While they waited for the pair, they had a small chat which all three of them quite enjoyed. Soon after, Cedric and his father came into view. "Amos!" Her father greeted. "Andrew!" Said Amos before they went in for a friendly hug. And, as always, that had another small talk. But the only thing Beth was waiting for didn't come and what surprised her was that he didn't brag about anything.

"Elizabeth, I see that you have everything you need ready?" Amos asked her, acknowledging her bags. She quickly nodded and mumble a 'yes' to him. "Well, I can see that everything is good, unfortunately, I must go." Her father made his way closer to the door, beside Beth. "See, he didn't brag." Andrew whispered to her. "You just wait, dad. He's going to." She whispered back. "No time for that. Have to go." Her father kissed her forehead and bid goodbye to everyone else, and disapparated.

"All right, kids. Now, we wait for the Weasleys." Amos said and the three of them said their goodbyes to Mrs. Diggory. Then they went straight to the designated place to wait for the Weasley's.

It wasn't too long until the lot came into view and Cedric and Beth were playing around when Amos spotted them. "There they are!" He said to the two of them. Beth quickly took a stand beside Mr. Diggory while Cedric, for some reason, was up in a tree.

When they came into view, what Beth saw was Mr. Weasley, Fred and George behind him, Ginny and Hermione not too far from them, who seemed more excitable than Harry, who seemed very exhausted and Ron, who was yawning the whole time. While Mr. Weasley and Mr. Diggory greeted and hugged each other, Beth took the time to catch up with Ginny and Hermione, seeing as Harry and Ron looked like they woke up on the wrong side of the bed.