" — but Sluggy's giving us detention for a whole week!" Gideon replied with a click of his tongue. "It's nearly Halloween, Valentiny, we can't have detention!"

A smirk tugged Catherine's lips as she nodded slowly. "Leave that to me, boys."

"Oh, Cat Queen!" a rather cheeky voice called out, echoing throughout the corridor as everyone turned to see who it was. Catherine twisted around from where she faced the twins and saw a familiar bespectacled, hazel eyed boy with a large grin on his face.

"Oh, it's you." She waved a hand airily and turned back around.

Fabian and Gideon eyed her strangely, wondering why she would treat her boyfriend like that, the two sharing raised eyebrows.

Realizing her mistake, Catherine inwardly cringed before spinning back around with the biggest smile she could muster. "I mean, oh, it's you!" she cried out happily, rushing to the amused boy with open arms. Catherine reached James, reaching over to give him a hug, but sidestepping and pulling away before she could even wrap her arms around him. "Whoops, I gotta run!" She pretended to walk away when James hooked an arm around her waist.

James rolled his eyes over Catherine's theatrics before pulling her to his side. "What a dramatic thing you are, my Valentine."

"Don't make me throw up in my mouth," she muttered, punching him lightly as he tipped his head back and roared out laughing which in turn made her laugh as well.

James's laughter died down as he gave the two identical twins a boyish nod, Fabian and Gideon following suit as Gideon mock saluted James. "All right, Potter?" Fabian greeted.

"What's good, you two," James chirped back, reaching over to bump fists with them.

Catherine twisted her way out of his arm, mumbling for him to give her a second as she quickly looped her arms around each of the twins'. The two brothers leaned over to her as she whispered, "I've got something that could help me sneak in the Slytherin common room. Do you need me to do anything else to, let's say, Snape? Like," she paused with a smirk, "give his hair a touch of magic?"

Fabian grinned mischievously. "This is why you're my favorite girl in the whole wide world, itty bitty Valentiny."

She tutted at him and flicked her forehead. "What's Molly then — your next door neighbor?"

Gideon bursted out laughing as he shook his head. "Good one, I'm gonna use that line someday." He waved at her along with Fabian as the twins parted ways.

Catherine turned to face James who was waiting patiently. "Did you talk to Lily again?" she asked as the two started walking again to the common room to leave their school books and bags behind.

     "Oh, right! I almost forgot about that," James said, taking Catherine's bag from her so he could carry it as well with him. "Yes, I asked her how her day was and she told me that it was fine."

Catherine simply waited with a raised eyebrow.

James rolled his eyes before mumbling out, "Then she told me to bugger off."

Catherine snickered, telling the Fat Lady the password before saying to James, "Why don't you try a new method?"

"Which is?" he asked, climbing through the portrait first and helping Catherine in after him.